David

Leicester tell Puel to clear his office, his services are no longer required

41 minutes ago, David said:

Brilliant, just brilliant.....

We could write the tactics right now....

"Right lads, keep your shape, stay within 5 yards of the centre circle. Now knock it long for Jamie to hare after......"😂

6 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

"Right lads, keep your shape, stay within 5 yards of the centre circle. Now knock it long for Jamie to hare after......"😂

successful tactics, Vardy is in his element running onto the ball.

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

Picking your jobs must be a nice position to be in.

34 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Brendon Rodgers is coming out of retirement!

But but but Celtic fans said he was there fir ten... Surely he can't be thinking about better players in a better league with a bigger challenge. Although, granted, Carntyne is still probably preferable to living in lesta.

Think Rodgers is a bit daft to be honest, couple of months away from the treble treble at which point I’m sure Celtic fans would not begrudge him a move to the Premier League as he puts himself into the history books, dare I say legendary status.

What is he realistically going to do between now and the end of the season at Leicester?

Appoint Allardyce as caretaker, remove any relegation concerns then Rodgers joins in the summer. 

Think he may also have better options come the summer if he wants to come back down South of the border.

Real coup for Leicester though, still would like to know what their expectations are and what backing they will give him.

1 minute ago, Parsnip said:

Haha really???

What a ridiculous league.

Hardly, it’s never been done before which is why I find it odd Rodgers wouldn’t stay around to give it a crack.

In the last 20 years the domestic treble has been done 6 times.

Rangers 93, 99 and 03

Celtic 01, 17, 18

2 minutes ago, David said:

Hardly, it’s never been done before which is why I find it odd Rodgers wouldn’t stay around to give it a crack.

In the last 20 years the domestic treble has been done 6 times.

Rangers 93, 99 and 03

Celtic 01, 17, 18

I'd be guessing Rogers would want to hang around for the '10 in a row'. Both Celtic and Rangers (as those there for the TIn Man game will remember) have done nine but do that and they'll be sculpting the statue before the ticker tape has hit the turf.

Re: Allardyce - I just love it when managers announce their interest in a role. He has become the new Roy Evans, banging out his interest at every vacant position.

1 minute ago, BaaLocks said:

Re: Allardyce - I just love it when managers announce their interest in a role. He has become the new Roy Evans, banging out his interest at every vacant position.

After England he pretty much said he was done, effectively retired unless a big club came in for him. Guess he’s realising gardening isn’t that great after all.

19 minutes ago, David said:

Don't you think that with Rangers being taken out of the mix, it makes the achievement slightly less impressive?

1 minute ago, Parsnip said:

Don't you think that with Rangers being taken out of the mix, it makes the achievement slightly less impressive?

Here's my challenge to you - walk into any pub in the east of Glasgow and offer that point of view 🙂

Just now, Parsnip said:

Maybe a little, but others have gone up there and failed to win a single trophy so it’s still worthy of a congratulations nod. 

With Gerrard and Sevco closing the gap this season you can see why he may think it’s time to move on, as I say, just find it odd that he doesn’t see it out then move. Maybe he will, accept the job today with a June 1st start date.