Leicester tell Puel to clear his office, his services are no longer required

Day

Think Rodgers is a bit daft to be honest, couple of months away from the treble treble at which point I’m sure Celtic fans would not begrudge him a move to the Premier League as he puts himself into the history books, dare I say legendary status.

What is he realistically going to do between now and the end of the season at Leicester?

Appoint Allardyce as caretaker, remove any relegation concerns then Rodgers joins in the summer. 

Think he may also have better options come the summer if he wants to come back down South of the border.

Real coup for Leicester though, still would like to know what their expectations are and what backing they will give him.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Parsnip said:

Haha really???

What a ridiculous league.

Hardly, it’s never been done before which is why I find it odd Rodgers wouldn’t stay around to give it a crack.

In the last 20 years the domestic treble has been done 6 times.

Rangers 93, 99 and 03

Celtic 01, 17, 18

2 minutes ago, David said:

Hardly, it’s never been done before which is why I find it odd Rodgers wouldn’t stay around to give it a crack.

Rangers 93, 99 and 03

Celtic 01, 17, 18

I'd be guessing Rogers would want to hang around for the '10 in a row'. Both Celtic and Rangers (as those there for the TIn Man game will remember) have done nine but do that and they'll be sculpting the statue before the ticker tape has hit the turf.

Re: Allardyce - I just love it when managers announce their interest in a role. He has become the new Roy Evans, banging out his interest at every vacant position.

1 minute ago, BaaLocks said:

Re: Allardyce - I just love it when managers announce their interest in a role. He has become the new Roy Evans, banging out his interest at every vacant position.

After England he pretty much said he was done, effectively retired unless a big club came in for him. Guess he’s realising gardening isn’t that great after all.

19 minutes ago, David said:

Don't you think that with Rangers being taken out of the mix, it makes the achievement slightly less impressive?

Just now, Parsnip said:

Don't you think that with Rangers being taken out of the mix, it makes the achievement slightly less impressive?

Maybe a little, but others have gone up there and failed to win a single trophy so it’s still worthy of a congratulations nod. 

With Gerrard and Sevco closing the gap this season you can see why he may think it’s time to move on, as I say, just find it odd that he doesn’t see it out then move. Maybe he will, accept the job today with a June 1st start date.

5 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Here's my challenge to you - walk into any pub in the east of Glasgow and offer that point of view ?

If its a pub draped in Union Jack's, you'll be fine. If it's called hoops or paddy's you should probably not...

actually, avoiding East end pubs in Glasgow is probably a good idea. The ones aren't bear pits are Unbearable hipster hovels.

5 hours ago, David said:

After England he pretty much said he was done, effectively retired unless a big club came in for him. Guess he’s realising gardening isn’t that great after all.

Soon to be seen on Celebrity Apprentice - wonder if he'll often some brown bag payments to win the task?

Just now, BaaLocks said:

Soon to be seen on Celebrity Apprentice - wonder if he'll often some brown bag payments to win the task?

Is that really a thing? What day/time is it on so I can avoid it?

Wouldn't be surprised to see him in the Jungle at the end of the year, try and do a ‘Arry

41 minutes ago, David said:

Is that really a thing? What day/time is it on so I can avoid it?

Wouldn't be surprised to see him in the Jungle at the end of the year, try and do a ‘Arry

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17459581.youre-fired-ex-rovers-boss-sam-allardyce-to-appear-on-celebrity-apprentice/

It's all here - don't worry, if you're out I am sure it willl be on the iPlayer for you to avoid there as well

11 hours ago, Parsnip said:

I suppose the reason Rangers we’re out the mix cancels it out. They cheated to win previous leagues and cups and got pumped for it.

13 hours ago, David said:

Rangers 93, 99 and 03

Celtic 01, 17, 18

I’m going to be pedantic. 

It’s a triple treble. 

Archived