Time to bring Bradders back?

Poynton ram

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/02/2019 at 03:01, sunnyhill60 said:

Johnson and Butterfield, pound for pound the two worst signings I have witnessed, Derek Hales excluded.

Johnson has had a few decent games but more than 90 otherwise.

Have you spent a lot of the intervening years in a coma? 

Butterfield scored 8 times from midfield in his first season here, in his proper position, earning us 6 points more than we’d otherwise have got just through those goals. Which got us top of the league. He was cast aside when Clement was sacked. Didn’t get picked in the playoffs against Hull having beaten them previously with his goals. 

He did little after that, under another three managers in about 12 months, as did nobody else other than Ince. Even Hughes was ordinary in his final season such was the shambles that we were. 

Johnson was also decent his first year. We were bossing games and top of the league at one point. He, Butters and Thorne worked well back then. Hendrick in now and again. But once Bryson and Hughes returned everything went south for the others. 

Have they been good signings? Not really. But the worst signings, as you suggest? Give your head a wobble. 

I’ve had to watch Huddlestone, Bryson, King, Evans, Ledley the last year. In midfield. Absolute garbage. Tonight was another example. We’ve zero quality or creativity in there. We have moved on Thorne and Butters, stopped picking Johnson, and that’s fine if you’ve improved and replaced them well. Shouldn’t have been hard listening to this forum. 

We have Keogh still doing the midfielders jobs as well as his own. And he’s another who’s had massive stick on here. Honestly, I don’t think many on here would know a good player if David Silva knocked them on the head. 

Crackers. And sad for others like myself. Because you get what you deserve as a fanbase. And what we have now is embarrassing to watch in midfield. 

*Holmes has grown on me. I also called for Bird/Sibley to play (got shot down for it though). 

But no. We watch the same failures fail, again.

2 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Have you spent a lot of the intervening years in a coma? 

Butterfield scored 8 times from midfield in his first season here, in his proper position, earning us 6 points more than we’d otherwise have got just through those goals. Which got us top of the league. He was cast aside when Clement was sacked. Didn’t get picked in the playoffs against Hull having beaten them previously with his goals. 

He did little after that, under another three managers in about 12 months, as did nobody else other than Ince. Even Hughes was ordinary in his final season such was the shambles that we were. 

Johnson was also decent his first year. We were bossing games and top of the league at one point. He, Butters and Thorne worked well back then. Hendrick in now and again. But once Bryson and Hughes returned everything went south for the others. 

Have they been good signings? Not really. But the worst signings, as you suggest? Give your head a wobble. 

I’ve had to watch Huddlestone, Bryson, King, Evans, Ledley the last year. In midfield. Absolute garbage. Tonight was another example. We’ve zero quality or creativity in there. We have moved on Thorne and Butters, stopped picking Johnson, and that’s fine if you’ve improved and replaced them well. Shouldn’t have been hard listening to this forum. 

We have Keogh still doing the midfielders jobs as well as his own. And he’s another who’s had massive stick on here. Honestly, I don’t think many on here would know a good player if David Silva knocked them on the head. 

Crackers. And sad for others like myself. Because you get what you deserve as a fanbase. And what we have now is embarrassing to watch in midfield. 

*Holmes has grown on me. I also called for Bird/Sibley to play (got shot down for it though). 

But no. We watch the same failures fail, again.

That splurge on those two at the end of the transfer window has cost us dear ever since

Butterfield - the heart of a mouse

Johnson - who gives the ball away as freely as a tart dispenses clap

7 hours ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Time for academy players to come play their parts bird sidley lawson all could come in and improve our team  even cresswell as well! 

I’d give this a thumbs up, a like and join the campaign but I really wonder if our fan base would give them a chance; a few lost games, points or even passes, their confidence could be shattered.

End of season games with zero to play for and pre season, yeah let’s give a few of the under 23’s including Luke Thomas more of a go. Right now, look at the negatives being poured on first season Bogle, like it’s really helping the kid or Lowe when he came back at Leeds. 

Given how patient our fans are, I really worry how some of these are expected to progress. You’re right though, more should be blended in to the match day squad, clear the decks and start afresh with young, hungry and from what I see of the 23’s, talented players that have a point to prove. Question is, will everyone, including Mel give Frank the time to let it happen.

Archived