Time to bring Bradders back?

Poynton ram

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Johnson is one of those cases where he's getting better by not playing. 

This is a guy that can take a simple pass to the full back and hit it 10 yards in front of him and out of play. Or he will lift a simple pass off the ground for no reason. Even his accurate short passing is slow and simple. Of 10 passes 7 will make it, 1 will be a good long ball, 2 will be out of play, 1 will be to the opposition and 6 will be to a full back or CB. He'll get a yellow card and give away a few daft free kicks

He will win the ball in the air and he's a good ankle biter. But he needs to be surrounded by proper string pulling players and we have none ahead of Keogh and Tomori. 

He won't stop crosses coming in. He won't help us stop getting pressed back and hoofing. 

He will score tonight though thanks to this thread

4 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

Johnson does seem to at least try to be positive and move it quickly. Don't think we have a player capable of doing what we want.

He does but he’s crap at it. His attitude is an improvement but that’s not really helped. 

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He didn't have that bad a half. It was all over the shop most of the 2nd half - who was playing where?!

Well at 66% accuracy he didn’t have a good half either. 

I don’t like our midfield. But that doesn’t mean I want Johnson in it either. He’s as bad as any of them. He’s not the answer and is just one of the many problems. 

10 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Well at 66% accuracy he didn’t have a good half either. 

I don’t like our midfield. But that doesn’t mean I want Johnson in it either. He’s as bad as any of them. He’s not the answer and is just one of the many problems. 

But at least the movement and pace of our game was better. If we'd started like that...

Archived