Time to bring Bradders back?

Poynton ram

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Warren Hobhead said:

And both still better at football than Bryson, who continues to somehow get games here. 

Johnson and Butterfield, pound for pound the two worst signings I have witnessed, Derek Hales excluded.

Johnson has had a few decent games but more than 90 otherwise.

2 minutes ago, sunnyhill60 said:

Johnson and Butterfield, pound for pound the two worst signings I have witnessed, Derek Hales excluded.

that's surely got be Claude Davis  .  Glick said in that Radio interview he cost us 5.7 million in transfer fees and paying him to go away with two years on his contract .  All for about 25 appalling performances .

4 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

In the year we signed Johnson and Butterfield for a combined 1 circa billion pounds we had been linked with Tom Cairney but apparently weren't willing to spend the 4 million it cost to get him.

We also publicly bid for Lewis Dunk, we bid 800k they wanted 5 million but we thought he wasn't worth it.

We also wanted Dale Stephens but again wouldn't pay their asking price.

We could have signed Cairney, Stephens and Dunk for the same price we paid for Bradders and Butterfield in the same window.

18 hours ago, Poynton ram said:

After such a lame midfield performance on weds do we need to bring some steel back in to the midfield for Monday? I thought Bradley was ok last time he played.

Could he do a decent job anchoring the midfield?

Nope 

he’s been at the club for what 3 years in which time he’s yet to string 3 consistent performances together under however many managers who have all given him a chance to do so

could he do a job in one off game??? Possibly ... he has done before but more often than not and I’m thinking Ipswich away more recently he goes missing and offers nothing in terms of control of the game 

we can chuck him into the forest game and keep our fingers crossed being as we’ve been so inept in midfield of late but he’ll be gone in the summer 

I won’t be upset in th slightest 

15 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

i put johnson along side butterfield to be honest

both great before they came to us but somehow ruined by their time here

no idea how that came about 

Maybe we bought them on the back of purple patch seasons for both of them never to be emulated again.

The ridiculous transfer fees we paid for both of them certainly hasnt helped their credibilities either 

14 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

i dont agree with that..like some others brys has suffered lately under managers who dont know how to utilise him properly

you dont score as many goals as he has or been poty twice without ability

How do you utilise him properly tho? To me he looks shot at this level, simple as 

Slightly unpopular opinion but I don't think Bradley Johnson's passing is as bad as it has been made out to be. I think his short passing is pretty poor however his long spraying balls to the flanks are quite effective at times. Against Ipswich it was his lifted ball that started the move to score, and I seem to remember fantastic long balls in the games against QPR and Brentford (however I may be mistaken about the Brentford one). The thing I find with Johnson is that I don't think he offers enough defensively and he's very rash at times - making silly challenges and gifting teams great positions for free-kicks. I do think he's been unfairly put into the category of Butterfield as he certainly is not that bad of a player. I think him and Huddlestone playing together could actually work quite well as I get the impression that at Norwich he got forward and scored a lot of goals. 

19 hours ago, Alpha said:

I don't think I guy who is terrible at passing will help here. He's a grafter and he's good in the air but our performances need a midfield that can control the middle of the pitch. He might win the ball more but he will only contribute to us losing it more. 

Having said that you can't get a worse midfield performance than Ipswich and Millwall. So things can only possibly get better there.

I remember him running the game against Man Utd. And then he got dropped!

36 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Maybe we bought them on the back of purple patch seasons for both of them never to be emulated again.

The ridiculous transfer fees we paid for both of them certainly hasnt helped their credibilities either 

Broke our transfer record twice in the same day for them.

19 hours ago, Alpha said:

He's barely played for Frank?

He put in a shocker at Stoke this season. He played ok at Ipswich but he didn't play especially well. What other games? Wasn't he taken off at HT once? 

His passing is bad. It is. I bet it's lower than Hudds, Bryson, Wilson, Lawrence, Mount and Jozefzoon... I bet even the strikers have a better pass rating and they dont pick it up off the defence. 

In fact have we won a game that he's played in this season?

I don't like Johnson much but he played a key part in the wins against Brentford and Man U, with a brilliant chip ball over the top to set up Nugent against Brentford.

No. 

It is not just his passing.

The team do not trust his close control of a football. They don’t give it him unless he has no one within a mile of him as they know his control is not very good. 

His tackling is often late and he does not track back effectively. 

The team revert to hitting it long when he is in the middle and that works against us.  

His overall passing rate is higher than expected but then so is Brysons and this is because of the 7 million passes back to the centre backs out DM’s do in a game. 

If he was played forward and used as a target man in midfield to head the ball then fine, he’s good at heading the ball, that’s about it. 

King has shown more in his positionsong, game management and control and passing.

King with Huddlestone (as much as he is disappointing me with his misplaced passes and slowing of the game at the momma they) for me would be our best midfield pair. 

Bryson May offer you something in the last 20 mins but does not have the legs for a sustained 90. 

23 hours ago, Poynton ram said:

After such a lame midfield performance on weds do we need to bring some steel back in to the midfield for Monday? I thought Bradley was ok last time he played.

Could he do a decent job anchoring the midfield?

Not very uplifting to think BJ might be a good option to improve our flagging team performances....

Archived