Sign in to follow this  
Derby blood

Worst players you have seen at Derby

55 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Didn't Craig fagin go up with Hull under Phil "if you're fake tanning, don't be shy about it" Brown or am I talking rowett....

I stand corrected - said the man in the orthopaedic shoes. He only played a handful though, mainly due to a broken leg, and got released at the end of the season.

On 23/02/2019 at 17:19, Alpha said:

Oh yeah, Connor Sammon. Big, strong and fast. What's not to like?

Well, there's the fact his legs are remote controlled by 6 fingered Forest fan who's done a line of cocaine and is listening to drum n bass. 

Well he's 6ft plus so maybe he's a lump to hoof the ball too? Except no Derby fan can recall a single header. Which implies the 6 fingered Forest fan didn't know the button to press for a header. 

Except he did v Burton Albion pre-season friendly 3-1 win; he scored the 3rd with his forehead to rapturous scenes of amazement 🤪

I've never been as staggered by anyone as I was by Savage - there was one game (I'm thinking 2-0 home defeat to Doncaster) that is possibly the worst performance I've seen by a player (and possibly Derby) - I actually lost count of the times his passes went out for throw ins to the opposition.  The team was genuinely worse with him in than if we had played 10 men.  Glancing at the line up there was only Hulse who was a sub and Green, who had his limitations, that I rated.   

The sad fact is around that time we had so many journeymen, who in fairness had managed pretty decent careers elsewhere, that came to us as shadows of what they once were - Laurent Robert. Rob Lee and Warren Barton spring to mind as players who really should have retired but couldn't resist the payday.

At the other end of the scale there were some shocking temporary deals under Brown too - not sure if that is down to them being not ready, pants (a few did go on to Premiership/International careers), or him trying to play 8 left wingers.

Yep, it's been worse.

Grenet, McEveley, Sterjovski

Savage was a terrible footballer, the whole of Paul jewels / Davis team team.

usual suspects  Claude the clown, Sammon

biggest disappointment was Ravenelli even though he had a good start. Went totally poo after a missed penalty if I remember correctly.

Not sure I understand this stuff about savage. 

Admittedly was awful when he first came in for the doomed season, as were all of them.

But was a revelation when he was brought back  in from the cold by Nigel the following feb and went on to captain the club with distinction for a couple of years, which included some historic results at Forest amongst others. 

Always speaks well of the club when on the radio and appears to have a better affiliation with us than leicester, brum or Blackburn , for some reason 

My definition of ‘worst’ players to play for us doesn’t include those who weren’t very good but who tried their best. Even in the black old days of Division Two relegation. It’s those who were actually capable but used the club for their own ends and failed to deliver who I would classify as ‘worst’.

So, Ravenelli, Bohinen , Beck , Camara ( the recent one, clearly not even a Sunday pub team standard) . Schnoor was awful . Them three Todd brought in for millions . 

On 23/02/2019 at 17:39, TimRam said:

Considering the fee at the time I think Derek Hales was a very bad buy. I only ever saw him on tv though so hopefully kept it on topic!

Was a cracking player,just not for us😆

On 25/02/2019 at 18:44, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Eddie Lewis anyone? Was he even a footballer?

slightly unfair as he was signed from league 1 at the end of his career. was pretty good for Leeds and Preston. Just shows the players we were or werent able to attract when we went up. Horrible time. 

I have to admit to getting amusement from watching Connor Sammon during the warm-up. While everybody else was doing flicks, tricks and teckers, Connor struggled to get the ball up off the ground from stationary. The best he could do was a two-foot dribble - i.e. left foot to right foot to out of control and rolling away!

2 hours ago, jimbobram said:

slightly unfair as he was signed from league 1 at the end of his career. was pretty good for Leeds and Preston. Just shows the players we were or werent able to attract when we went up. Horrible time. 

Always felt that Lewis at least put the effort in, which is a lot more than can be said for many Rams in recent times