Worst players you have seen at Derby

Derby blood

3 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Nick Pickering.

Wimbledon away on a miserable Wednesday night - we are 1-0 down and the ball comes to Nick in the centre of the  penalty area. Its virtually an open goal as he lines up the equaliser; the handful of us Rams fans behind the goal leap to our feet and....Pickering kicks the ground rather than the ball, launching the biggest clod of earth I've ever seen on a football pitch about 3 feet into the air. Cue jeers from the Dons fans and knowing groans from us. We went on to lose the match 4-0 and I have never hated a player more in that moment than Nick Pickering.

He actually won an England cap before he came to us. I don't understand how. He was absolute poo.

Yes you are right Pickering was awful for us, how he played for England I will never know.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Derby blood said:

I have been watching Derby for 40 years now. And my worst 3 players I have ever seen are.

Mick Coop, really poor every game. No more said.

Clod Davis Worst centre back to ever play in the premier league.

Paul Emerson, never got a cross in, always ran the ball off the pitch, Mick Brolly was as bad as well

Always a good thread for February... Makes us all realise we don't have things that bad after all! 

There are probably alot I have forgotten about but Mikkel Beck and Bjorn Otto Bragstad immediately jump to mind.

Bragstad sent to Brum on loan and they sent him back a couple of weeks later, also came on as sub one pre season game (admittedly Barcelona) and was taken off again 10 minutes afterwards and then consigned to the reserves trip to Scarborough the next day.

Beck was alarmingly ineffective, no pace whatsoever and just ambled around slowly falling on the floor occasionally a la Ravanelli with his mop like hair swirling in the wind.

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

Oh yeah, Connor Sammon. Big, strong and fast. What's not to like?

Well, there's the fact his legs are remote controlled by 6 fingered Forest fan who's done a line of cocaine and is listening to drum n bass. 

Well he's 6ft plus so maybe he's a lump to hoof the ball too? Except no Derby fan can recall a single header. Which implies the 6 fingered Forest fan didn't know the button to press for a header. 

One of the only footballers iv ever seen who struggled to kick a ball ?.

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

Oh yeah, Connor Sammon. Big, strong and fast. What's not to like?

Well, there's the fact his legs are remote controlled by 6 fingered Forest fan who's done a line of cocaine and is listening to drum n bass. 

Well he's 6ft plus so maybe he's a lump to hoof the ball too? Except no Derby fan can recall a single header. Which implies the 6 fingered Forest fan didn't know the button to press for a header. 

What you’ve just described for Conor sammon is me when I used to play upfront. 6 foot 5, gangly, quick, but without an ounce of actual footballing skill or even heading ability. Unfortunately it’s also an accurate description for Conor 

13 hours ago, Simon Bradley said:

Mikkel beck Fuertes borborkis bragstad Simon Coleman Andy Coymn Marino rahmberg 

Fuertes looked decent. His main failing was his immigration status.

Simon Coleman was a decent, solid centre half for the second tier. We could have done with one at the club at various points during the last 8 years to partner Keogh.

Archived