Worst players you have seen at Derby

Derby blood

I have been watching Derby for 40 years now. And my worst 3 players I have ever seen are.

Mick Coop, really poor every game. No more said.

Clod Davis Worst centre back to ever play in the premier league.

Paul Emerson, never got a cross in, always ran the ball off the pitch, Mick Brolly was as bad as well

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stephen Pearson. 

Used to make me furious seeing him in the starting line up before the game kicked off. 

Totally crap. Even his goal at Wembley was bundled in and cost us a season of agony. That's his fault.

He ran around and contributed nothing. Couldn't tackle, pass, head or read the game. Donkey 

Oh yeah, Connor Sammon. Big, strong and fast. What's not to like?

Well, there's the fact his legs are remote controlled by 6 fingered Forest fan who's done a line of cocaine and is listening to drum n bass. 

Well he's 6ft plus so maybe he's a lump to hoof the ball too? Except no Derby fan can recall a single header. Which implies the 6 fingered Forest fan didn't know the button to press for a header. 

Claude 50p head was the pits especially given how much he cost.

However I’d like to nominate a left field candidate.........Bjorn Otto Bragstad anyone who watched him when we lost to Charlton at home would be amazed he wasn’t a pub player who’s sneaked onto the pitch

dreadful!

Darren Moore was the worst out and out 'footballer' I have seen. Obviously he had his very good points but technically he was dreadful.

Honourable mentions to John worst player compared to how good HE thought he was Harkes ..

..and Robbie run around but never achieve anything Savage. 

41 minutes ago, TimRam said:

Considering the fee at the time I think Derek Hales was a very bad buy. I only ever saw him on tv though so hopefully kept it on topic!

Have to agree he was certainly the biggest disappointment (v expectation), though not the "worst player ever".  I was an impressionable teen at the time though.  I rarely get that excited these days!  LOL!

Just now, mozza said:

I don't remember Paul Emerson, I remember Paul Emson, didn't think he was that bad tbh.

My mistake, thought he was awful as a young lad, had no bottle, and his crossing was awful, terrible winger, hit him hard once with one tackle, and that's the last you saw of him. Hate players who have no bottle.

Nick Pickering.

Wimbledon away on a miserable Wednesday night - we are 1-0 down and the ball comes to Nick in the centre of the  penalty area. Its virtually an open goal as he lines up the equaliser; the handful of us Rams fans behind the goal leap to our feet and....Pickering kicks the ground rather than the ball, launching the biggest clod of earth I've ever seen on a football pitch about 3 feet into the air. Cue jeers from the Dons fans and knowing groans from us. We went on to lose the match 4-0 and I have never hated a player more in that moment than Nick Pickering.

He actually won an England cap before he came to us. I don't understand how. He was absolute poo.

1 minute ago, Derby blood said:

My mistake, thought he was awful as a young lad, had no bottle, and his crossing was awful, terrible winger, hit him hard once with one tackle, and that's the last you saw of him. Hate players who have no bottle.

Unfortunately, last few games we seem to have unearthed a few of those type of players. 

Archived