Best manager in the last 10 years.

Derby blood

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, SillyBilly said:

Would have been great to see what Clough could have done with the money we've thrown at managers since. He is arguably the only manager who achieved his brief and yet obviously was still fired. His brief being slash costs and keep us on a reasonable keel playing wise. He was a victim of the club's circumstances.

Some might say he was the victim of a bloke he saw through who was subsequently given the boot when others cottoned on to him.

9 hours ago, Derby blood said:

After a lot of moaning from some fans about our manager again. Who would be your best managers in the last 10 years?

number one would have to be Mac part one, for the excitement, he gave me to that 86 point season

number 2 Nigel Clough for sorting us out, wage bill, and getting us to be competative again, and some great wins over the red dogs and Leeds

number 3 Frank Lampard, could be my number one if he takes us up, bringing through some exciting players, also building a team for the future, given time I am sure he will bring success to Derby.

Its a shame we could'nt have all 3 coaches now. Nigel found and gave us some gems from our youth team. I.E brought in Russell, Keogh, Bryson, Forsyth and co, introduced Hendrick, Hughes and Bennett. Mac is and always will be a top coach, getting the best out of players. With Frank, i like his idea of bringing on youth and with his connections will always get decent loans, when we can't afford to buy such a quality player. Add Jody to that team, I think it would be a great coaching/manager team.

13 hours ago, cannable said:

I’d have Clough back as Director of Football in a heartbeat. 

McClaren as Head Coach. 

I e always said, that would be the dream team, clough abd tsykir for a new generation. 

Im kind of hoping we’re getting a bit of that with frank and Jody though. The ability to promote youth, contacts to find good prospects and signings, quality coaching. Just lacking a bit of macs experience and noise I think. But that’ll come. 

12 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Sorry for appearing thick, don't quite get what you mean? His record wasn't as good second time round.....

I was being sarcastic (ish) . The question was who was our best manager ? Well surely Mac's first reign and second rain count as one manager not two separate managers ? 

Archived