Anybody else frustrated with Holmes?

Bob The Badger

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No doubt that Holmes has potential and will get better, didn’t think wing back suited him though. Having said that he was the only one attempting to take on his man with most of our good attacking play coming from him?!

I didn’t mind the formation on Wednesday but the personnel were in the wrong positions, Bogle should have been at right wing back, Huddlestone in between Keogh and Tomori with the whole game in front of him with Holmes in the middle because he has pace and mobility. Too often there were no runners from midfield and Huddlestone/ Bryson kept getting caught on the ball.

20 hours ago, 'Rambe33 said:

I find once he beats the man he then checks back to beat him again instead of either driving into the box (like he did at Norwich) or delivering a cross hard and low ideally. 

Some issues like you mention above make me question the coaching a little (Bogle stopping crosses is another, as is the overuse of the side - side - back). What evidence is there so far of coaching improving any of these weaknesses that most of us identify week in week out?

39 minutes ago, DCFC1976 said:

I didn’t mind the formation on Wednesday but the personnel were in the wrong positions, Bogle should have been at right wing back, Huddlestone in between Keogh and Tomori with the whole game in front of him with Holmes in the middle because he has pace and mobility. Too often there were no runners from midfield and Huddlestone/ Bryson kept getting caught on the ball.

If I were playing three at the back I'd have Wisdom in there, not Bogle. Move Bogle up to wing back and put Holmes in midfield instead of Bryson. 

I like Holmes and haven't been frustrated with him at all. Now tactics, they are another matter.....

Archived