9 wins 1 draw

MackworthRamIsGod

1 hour ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

You could also say if Wilson didn't get us of trouble so many times  with his long range goals and Tomori with his last ditch tackles  we would be mid table cloggers  this season , we are a midtable team with a few decent loans , it is not promising for next season unless we bring in a lot of quality players.

Agreed, but unless we can shift some of those vast amount of players currently out on loan/not in the first team to other clubs and clear them off the wage bill, I fear it will be the same old Status quo (PS I love Status Quo, just not in this respect)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BathRam72 said:

Agreed, but unless we can shift some of those vast amount of players currently out on loan/not in the first team to other clubs and clear them off the wage bill, I fear it will be the same old Status quo (PS I love Status Quo, just not in this respect)

We'll just keep dropping down.

Down down deeper than down.

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Of course it's possible but why have the goalposts been moved, I thought all most wanted was a different style of football to Rowett's and results were unimportant? 

The goalposts haven’t moved. We’ve just forgotten how to put the ball between them 

3 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

This is frustrating isn't it? The key word for me, frustrating. Not dreadful.

Dreadful is losing to Sunderland at home 4-1. Dreadful is getting beat and played off the park by Burton Albion.

Losing 1-0 to Milwall is frustrating.

So it isn't dreadful to lose and being played off the park at Rotherham, Bolton and Millwall?

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

We'll just keep dropping down.

Down down deeper than down.

1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

So, What your'e proposing is we roll over lay down?

With things being so tight FFP wise unless we 'break the rules' we'll continue 'going down the dustpipe' into the 'backwater'. We are living in a 'hard time' but 'I'm giving up my worryin' after 'forty five hundred times' of watching The Rams I find myself 'drifting away' like a 'lonely man'. 'Is there a better way''I don't think it matters'

Sorry, I'll get my coat

4 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

It's nearly March and I still see no coherent pattern or vision as to what Lampard considers his best starting 11 are or what playing style his team are adopting.  

Given the amount of time he's been incumbent in the role I find this extemely concerning.

But isn't that just him trying to change personnel & playing style due to the needs of each game - and hopefully learning along the way?.

Presumably if we all knew what the playing style would be, it would suggest keeping it much the same and he'd be criticised for having no plan B.

I'm happy to accept that Frank knows a bit better than I do, what the skills/fitness/attitude etc for each of the players are in training and how is best to set up and rest players if necessary.

Would you have felt happier if we had a settled squad and playing style with the same number of points as we have now?. Of course not, because then you'd be criticising him for not making changes.

2 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Would you have felt happier if we had a settled squad and playing style with the same number of points as we have now?. Of course not, because then you'd be criticising him for not making changes.

No I wouldn't of course as this on the other hand would have shown complete inflexibility and the inability to alter matters when things weren't going to plan.  

14 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

It's nearly March and I still see no coherent pattern or vision as to what Lampard considers his best starting 11 are or what playing style his team are adopting.  

Given the amount of time he's been incumbent in the role I find this extemely concerning.

Not sure you’re being entirely fair with the injuries we’ve had, Carson, Forsyth, Mount, Lawrence, Bennett, Marriott have all missed a number of games which were regulars in the team, one of which is out for the season with the other 4 either just back or coming back.

Johnson was involved until the incident at Stoke which saw him banned for 4 games then appears to have been extended by Frank with leaving him out.

Throw in the new additions Cole and King needing game time, Lampard’s plans will be ever changing until he has his best players available to him. 

I bet I wouldn’t be far off his I was to suggest his best team would look something like:

Carson, Cole, Tomori, Keogh, Bogle, Huddlestone, Wilson, Mount, Lawrence, Marriott, Waghorn.

I would also bet my last Jaffa Cake he shares your frustration in that we haven’t seen a consistent 11 due to injuries/suspensions. 

I think we will struggle against forest, but like to think we will at least be motivated to get a draw.

We seem to turn to complete garbage away from home (and at home now if last night anything to go by), so thats Villa, Brentford, Blackburn, Brum, Bristol and Swansea out the window.

We struggle against teams near the bottom, so rule out any points against Bolton, Rotherham,  Wigan and QPR.

That leaves us with Stoke, Wednesday and West Brom. Reckon we can probably beat Stoke at our place and maybe Wednesday, but think we will struggle against West Brom unless the team from earlier in the season turns up. In conclusion I think 6 more points for us is doable.

In reality I don't think it will be that bad, but I certainly don't think we can expect playoffs, nor would I want to based on recent performances. 

7 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The average points total needed for the playoffs over the last 5 years is just under 76 points.

We sit on 51 points with 14 games to go.

It will take 8 wins and 1 draw from our remaining 14 games to reach that average.

With Games against the likes of Wigan, Swansea, Sheff Weds, Rotherham, Blackburn, Brentford, Bolton, QPR, Birmingham, Stoke.  Plus massive games against Bristol City, Villa, Forest and West Brom , can we somehow find the 8 wins and 1 draw to reach 75 points?

A point (or all 3) against Forest would be a nice start.

I have come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter who we play,Ipswich and Millwall being examples of Derby not performing and dropping points by the handful,yet going to Norwich and playing out of our skins.We are unpredictable and inconsistent,not showing enough when it really matters when we have proven in games throughout the season that we are capable of playing attractive competative football against teams proving to be more successful than ourselves Man U. Chelsea ,Southampton,Middlesborough to name a few  it's annoying and I don't know the answer,Team spirit,? Leadership?Experience should all be their in abundance and certainly no less than any other team in this leauge.

So it's 14 games ,prob win 5, lose 5,draw 4 and end up tenth where the heart desire and ambition of most of the team belong.

Archived