9 wins 1 draw

MackworthRamIsGod

The average points total needed for the playoffs over the last 5 years is just under 76 points.

We sit on 51 points with 14 games to go.

It will take 8 wins and 1 draw from our remaining 14 games to reach that average.

With Games against the likes of Wigan, Swansea, Sheff Weds, Rotherham, Blackburn, Brentford, Bolton, QPR, Birmingham, Stoke.  Plus massive games against Bristol City, Villa, Forest and West Brom , can we somehow find the 8 wins and 1 draw to reach 75 points?

A point (or all 3) against Forest would be a nice start.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The average points total needed for the playoffs over the last 5 years is just under 76 points.

It will take 8 wins and 1 draw from our remaining 14 games to reach that average.

With Games against the likes of Wigan, Swansea, Sheff Weds, Rotherham, Blackburn, Brentford, Bolton, QPR, Birmingham, Stoke.  Plus massive games against Bristol City, Villa, Forest and West Brom ,c an we somehow find the 8 wins and 1 draw to reach 75 points?

I haven't seen any evidence for months that this is possible

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Of course it's possible but why have the goalposts been moved, I thought all most wanted was a different style of football to Rowett's and results were unimportant? 

As bad as last night was,I'd still take this season over lasts....at least I've seen glimpses of good football played the right way this time around 

Last year almost put me off going to see derby at all 

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Of course it's possible but why have the goalposts been moved, I thought all most wanted was a different style of football to Rowett's and results were unimportant? 

The goalposts haven’t been moved, but getting to the play offs is still possible so why wouldn’t it be discussed ?

10 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

As bad as last night was,I'd still take this season over lasts....at least I've seen glimpses of good football played the right way this time around 

Last year almost put me off going to see derby at all 

I think it's only because it's his first season in management that he is been cut a lot more slack than Rowett but the 'football' for the last 8 weeks, on the whole, has been pretty horrific. 

At least under Rowett we actually managed to get the ball forward...

It's the "easy" games that bother me the most.

We look bang average against teams that park the bus and that has been the same for several seasons. Frank looked at 352 last night which could be an option going forward. It didn't work last night but I don't think anything would have worked last night because to win a game first you have to compete and last night like Brighton and Ipswich we did not compete.

Forest won't park the bus like they did in September which should help us find some space in behind and perhaps some joy and a positive result.

We've been here before, dropping points against utter dross at this time of year and to be honest it's getting a bit old.

Come on Frank sort it out.

17 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Has the style of football really changed that much?

Maybe in a certain number of minutes in a game, but overall?

The performances have not really improved.

The results are poorer agreed!

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I think it's only because it's his first season in management that he is been cut a lot more slack than Rowett but the 'football' for the last 8 weeks, on the whole, has been pretty horrific. 

At least under Rowett we actually managed to get the ball forward...

Exactly. It is his first ever season as a manager so should be given a little more slack. But would be nice to see some signs of improvement unless we're  going to have to wait until next season (again).

I have realigned my expectations (to were they were pre-season. 

I agree the style of football at the moment isn't great, are we really suggesting this is as bad as it was last season?

If Vydra didn't have his best season since he was a teenager, we'd have been mid-table and playing dire football too.

This is frustrating isn't it? The key word for me, frustrating. Not dreadful.

Dreadful is losing to Sunderland at home 4-1. Dreadful is getting beat and played off the park by Burton Albion.

Losing 1-0 to Milwall is frustrating.

1 hour ago, SouthStandDan said:

I agree the style of football at the moment isn't great, are we really suggesting this is as bad as it was last season?

If Vydra didn't have his best season since he was a teenager, we'd have been mid-table and playing dire football too.

This is frustrating isn't it? The key word for me, frustrating. Not dreadful.

Dreadful is losing to Sunderland at home 4-1. Dreadful is getting beat and played off the park by Burton Albion.

Losing 1-0 to Milwall is frustrating.

You could also say if Wilson didn't get us of trouble so many times  with his long range goals and Tomori with his last ditch tackles  we would be mid table cloggers  this season , we are a midtable team with a few decent loans , it is not promising for next season unless we bring in a lot of quality players.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

With Games against the likes of Wigan, Swansea, Sheff Weds, Rotherham, Blackburn, Brentford, Bolton, QPR, Birmingham, Stoke.  Plus massive games against Bristol City, Villa, Forest and West Brom , can we somehow find the 8 wins and 1 draw to reach 75 points?

we would be lucky to get 3 wins and a draw to hit the 60 point mark  IMO, if we play anything like we have in the last week going forward. We now need Mount to save our arse and inject some quality into our build up play.

Archived