O'Nottingham Forest vs Derby County

Carl Sagan

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

The most pathetic and gutless performance against forest in recent years, they are going forwards and us backwards.  Bogle needs to be dropped he is gifting goals away.  Massively miss Mason Mount's energy and ability to link play.  Marriott not had a sniff in these last two games.

To be fair i would prefer to see academy players starting or on the bench then most of them at least the would want it! Harry wilson is knowhere to be seen and why zoon isnt starting amazes me he looks our best player everytime he comes on 

2 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but I wonder if Lampard might be thinking now he'd have rather kept CamJam or Martin at the club over Nugent. Say what you want about the pair of them but they're big and it would give us something to aim at when teams like Forest stick their entire 11 plus the entire bench along with the coaching staff in the penalty area. I understand wanting to play football 'the right way' but you need a plan B for situations like this.

With regards to today we need Mount back as soon as possible and I'd like for the Holmes as a CM experiment to end, it's just not working at all.

Agreed, especially when the tactic reverts to lumping it up to Marriott or Cole anyway. Rubbish. 

Injuries to Fozzy, Davies, Mount & Marriott have cost us.

Plus having a rookie manager who has tinkered too much, hopefully he'll learn from it for next season.

If he's any sense, he'll ditch the players who won't be here next season and introduce a few of the youngsters - McDonald, Bird, Sibley, Babos, JML & Cresswell have all shown enough, consistently, to deserve chance.

1 minute ago, Cool As Custard said:

Time for some changes for Villa - cant do any worse than the dross tonight

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Ambrose Malone

Johnson Evans  

Bennett    Wilson    Jozefzoon

Marriott 

Why not just pull them out of a hat ? Drop Roos ? Drop Tomori ? Evans ? 

Can take a narrow defeat to Forest away on paper - local derby, they are having a bit of a resurgence blah blah... but the manner of it is a different matter. 

Lampard's arrogance/naivety is showing.  Personally I'd like a bit of consistency, and with the deadwood out of the way I think he could land us a couple of very good players in summer, plus hopefully balance the squad to provide better competition for some places.  Not fun though. 

Next match I want to see 3 at the back with Ambrose in and mount back I want to see us bloody attack

Bogle is a waste of time play Holmes at wing back bring back mount even on one leg can't wait, Wilson, without Mount is poor.

Play a midfield that goes forward something like 

Roos

Ambrose     Keogh   Tomori

Holmes    Mount  Johnson  Wilson   Cole

Marriott    Lawrence

Team needs massive change  stronger in midfield we need more power and legs

Remember they had Watson and Colback and do they have pace????? 

4 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

Time for some changes for Villa - cant do any worse than the dross tonight

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Ambrose Malone

Johnson Evans  

Bennett    Wilson    Jozefzoon

Marriott 

What has Wilson done in the last month to avoid the axe?

We are a worse side than last season. The football is no more enjoyable and we aren’t winning as much. I didn’t like Rowett but Frank isn’t doing much for me either, I’m starting to see that little purple spell months ago as a bit of an anomaly. 

I keep saying it, but what are we trying to do here? What’s the plan? We aren’t building anything in terms of a squad or style of football. 

I’m all for sticking with a manager at last, but I need to see something positive. 

Tonight was appalling. A very average Forest were still much better than we were. 

I feel dreadful.

Says a lot that our best attacker got loaned to Hull. Marriott can't control a football, Waghorn is utter poo. Wilson is good at longshots but nothing else. Apart from Keogh tonight, nobody comes out of this game with any credit. Huddlestone had another mare, Andy King purely plays the ball backwards and sideways, which Butterfield got stick for. Jozefzoon once again ineffective. We're mid table nothing more, we need significant investment before we go anywhere. Wilson will never make it in the Prem.

I’ve not really been drawn into the hype of Lampard and think his “great football” is a bit of a myth that his mates in the media have created.

I can’t bring myself to say that he needs to be sacked though. We’ve had far too much change and need a bit of stability for once. If we sack him then we are at square one again and there’s no guarantee the next manager would be an improvement. Maybe a poor spell might be better to stop the media linking Lampard to Chelsea

Come away from that feeling less dissapointed than I did vs Millwall, however 

Very disappointing goalkeeping for the goal, thankfully Carson is back fit

Subsitutions were very confusing, Wilson was looking threatening 

Don’t like us two up top at all

Not all is lost. They’re a good team and had a game plan. But that goal is a real kick in the balls 

How many more free kicks in last 30/40 yards off our half will it take to kick in...... so naive giving silly fouls away  constantly.... the only consistent feature of our play 

Archived