Annual Collapse

North East Ram

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Inglorius said:

You've undermined your own argument on one hand you've said that just because we've spend an extreme amount on a player it doesn't mean they're worth that but on the other you've said that we should probably be placed 7th on the amount of money we've spent on players. 

I love this song

7 hours ago, Sowter said:

It’s more a fan mentality than players. Every season we tell the team they are going to throw away all the hard work in jan/feb. The media then contribute by bringing it up in every press conference/article. 

Booing after losing 1-0 to millwall in February, despite being 1 point behind top 6 is pretty embarrassing if you ask me. How would we react if we were in Sunderland’s position last year? 

Probably not like they did by assaulting the documentary camera crew, offering the manager a square go, abusing the team coach, filming the players pissed and leaking it on YouTube or worst of all, going to church with full kit, hat and scarves ?

9 hours ago, SillyBilly said:

So next season is the transition season...or is it this one? I forget!

The last (you can put a number on it) god knows how many seasons have supposed to have been transition seasons.

I just get mightily sick of clubs that have struggled for years, suddenly passing us by on their way to the Prem!

4 minutes ago, KCG said:

The last (you can put a number on it) god knows how many seasons have supposed to have been transition seasons.

I just get mightily sick of clubs that have struggled for years, suddenly passing us by on their way to the Prem!

if we keep frank or rather hang onto frank and jodie,then this will have been a genuine transition season....loads out of contract and the opportunity to actually mould the club into what they want with no excuses.

i really dont think we are up to promotion this year but im excited about next time around as we wont have the mish mash of styles and confusion that its bred.

It will be a collapse if we lose against forest and villa. The game on Monday is  huge in terms of the top 6. Its a given that a terrible Villa side will beat us at villa park, I never expect anything there. I would say we are fortunate that we still have a lot of poor sides to play, but we are worse against them sides.  

36 minutes ago, KCG said:

It is demoralising. 6th year in a row we've been 7th or better at the start of February and i fall for it every year. Other than 13/14 and maybe 15/16, deep down I knew we weren't good enough and would fall short. Minus Vyds and a few fringe players this lot finished in the playoffs last season. 

The confusing thing for me is Frank gives off different signals at different times after different results. Good result = promotion is the aim, playoffs minimum and poor result = the default transitional season.

I would have thought by now 35+ games in players would be dailed in and we would have a set identity with a formation but that doesn't seem to be the case when we go all experimental like last night.

12 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

You just made that "position" up, didn't you?  There's no such thing, is there?  You can't be wing and centre, can you? 

You were relying on folk being too scared to flag it up, in case you then went on to prove them wrong, and make them look silly!  Well see... I ain't scared, so go ahead... make me look silly!

Watch Sheffield United haha it’s absolutely bonkers but their 2 outer (of the 3) CBS are often on the wing crossing in/making a late run to the far post. It’s so unusual. 

3 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Watch Sheffield United haha it’s absolutely bonkers but their 2 outer (of the 3) CBS are often on the wing crossing in/making a late run to the far post. It’s so unusual. 

Fair do's. Ilson.  I'll have to take your word for it though... I can't bring myself to watch any other teams, in case I get too attached to them!  LOL! 

Archived