Galaxy Fold

David

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People will evolve tiny little hands, with rubbery flexible little fingers, and big eyes that can read tiny little print.

Doctors will find a way to surgically insert usb ports into the back of your neck to plug straight into the brainstem.

We'll soon be able to upload 18 years of education to A level standard in 25 subjects in 15 minutes.

We'll save our memories to remote hard drives. 

We'll be able to network literally with teamheads synchronised via wireless connections.

Our intelligence and expectation will skyrocket. 

The moaning will be unbelievable.

We will eventually evolve into the people from "Wall-E". Sitting on a chair with 4 screens. The foldable phone, one screen showing youtube, one showing amazon and one showing facebook.  Order food on the phone and have a robot to wash us. The chair will be a commode.

With robots doing all the jobs, what's not to like?

Not sure about "nuddy stuff" though.

10 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Doctors will find a way to surgically insert usb ports into the back of your neck to plug straight into the brainstem.

Sounds very Black Mirror like.

Don't mind this if we are creating a new and not an existing orifice, saying that I doubt I will be around when we become semi robotic.

22 hours ago, David said:

I don't see them killing phones off with poor hardware but software, Android has been doing that already with to a point where only the flagship phones of the last year or two get the latest updates. 

Think we'll see more software changes to where apps no longer support older devices forcing users to update if they want the latest and greatest say photo filters in Snapchat.. 

I do wonder if this is the reason for the trend of using glass more in phone construction.

Just now, Wolfie said:

I do wonder if this is the reason for the trend of using glass more in phone construction.

That's for wireless charging I believe, although it does obviously increase the risk of needing to buy a new phone 

34 minutes ago, TimRam said:

We will eventually evolve into the people from "Wall-E". Sitting on a chair with 4 screens. The foldable phone, one screen showing youtube, one showing amazon and one showing facebook.  Order food on the phone and have a robot to wash us. The chair will be a commode.

fail feed me GIF

49 minutes ago, TimRam said:

Full body, haptic feedback suit. Won’t even need screens. Virtually reality built right into your optic nerve. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, David said:

Predictable. It is Samsung.

Samsung's folding phone breaks for reviewers

Earlier this week, Samsung sent out its remarkable new folding smartphone to a number of media outlets, including the BBC.

Perhaps now it wishes it hadn’t.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-47970788

They took a risk, after all the real competition is Huawei, and they are coming along at a frightening speed, already passed Apple in phone sales, and not even scratched the West yet.

15 minutes ago, jono said:

Thats it .. I am officially a old codger.

saw this topic and thought we might be having a Stephen Hawking discussion about warps in the space time continuum ?

nope .. it’s a phone?

Me too. I was on the point of not bothering to come to work because our galaxy was apparently collapsing in on itself.

6 hours ago, jono said:

Thats it .. I am officially a old codger.

saw this topic and thought we might be having a Stephen Hawking discussion about warps in the space time continuum ?

nope .. it’s a phone?

I thought LA Galaxy we’re going into administration. 

First thought... Oooh, science thread, the curvature of space. I will contribute to this in a meaningful manner to enlighten the proles.

(reads thread, sees I'm not the first to make that gag, walks away muttering)

4 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Does anyone else think the Galaxy fold is a gimmick that nobody wanted? Who was looking for a folding phone anyway?

Samsung came out with the Dex a couple years ago, dock your phone and turn it into a PC, now a foldable phone which opens into a tablet size screen. Think it’s clear they are chasing that one device fits all, do people want that or not? Not sure. 

Makes sense financially, 2 grand but a top of the range phone, tablet and PC would cost you more. 

Looks pretty unusable in it’s folded state, be interested to see what the 2nd and 3rd version looks like

Archived