Forum Update 19/02/19

David

As some of you will be aware we have been offline this afternoon tinkering with the forum, most are under the hood improvements which you will not notice, but I thought I would let you know about a couple which you will.

Lazy Loading
Lazy loading is a method by which attachments, embeds and images are not loaded by default. They are only loaded when the viewer scrolls down enough to make them visible.

This allows the page to load a good deal faster now it doesn't have to load megabytes of images before the page is shown as completely rendered.

You should notice embed heavy pages will now load much quicker whilst using mobile devices on 3G/4G connections.

GIF's
GiF's need no introduction unless you have been living under a rock for the last few years, some will already have GIF toolbars built into their devices. Those that don't, you can now search and embed Giphy gifs right here on the forum using the GIF button on the toolbar.

*We have restricted these to family friendly as per forum guidelines ? 

---------------------------

If you notice anything wonky, any errors, things that don't look right let me know in this topic, that way I won't miss it.

Apologies for the extended offline time, couldn't be helped. 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, David said:

Hold fire. 

Think we could be under a API restriction as we only got our key today.

Will find out.

Ok, I thought I had requested a production key which would remove restrictions, appears not. This has been now submitted and we are awaiting their approval. Shouldn’t be an issue.

Until then we are restricted to 42 search requests an hour.

How long it will take, not entirely sure, would have thought a few days, possibly hours, will update once restrictions have been lifted.

Just a thought of mine, I prefer that the next unread topic title is displayed rather than "next unread topic". This is purely because there are some topics that I don't generally read (score prediction which I don't normally open until I'm going to predict when the team is announced, the B word thread which obviously no longer exists.....). 

Just now, richinspain said:

Just a thought of mine, I prefer that the next unread topic title is displayed rather than "next unread topic". This is purely because there are some topics that I don't generally read (score prediction which I don't normally open until I'm going to predict when the team is announced, the B word thread which obviously no longer exists.....). 

Was just about to post the same thing. Always a bit unnerving of what thread is going to load. 

Archived