Villa (A) Tickets - Sold Out

Gritstone Ram

Just now, timmo said:

Anyone with a villa ticket I'll save you the bother of going down the a 38. 

We'll turn up play with no passion or desire. Keep giving the ball to keogh, who'll have no one to pass to as every other player is hiding 

Meanwhile villa will wait for bogle to make his goal conceding error and play out the rest of the game with ease 

If I went to football just for the 90 minutes I would have given up years ago. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, timmo said:

Anyone with a villa ticket I'll save you the bother of going down the a 38. 

We'll turn up play with no passion or desire. Keep giving the ball to keogh, who'll have no one to pass to as every other player is hiding 

Meanwhile villa will wait for bogle to make his goal conceding error and play out the rest of the game with ease 

You're probably right but I'll still go .

On 19/02/2019 at 15:41, David said:

If you think about it B4, say I want to buy a ticket for Villa but won’t be in Derby between now and the game, it’s a 2hr drive there and 2hr drive back. I’m not going to do that just to buy a ticket, I will either pick up the phone or purchase online, both still need staff to process the sale.

Or I could say just forget it and try and pay on the day which would completely bypass the club.

Appreciate you’re not a fan of buying online but for others it’s a really handy way of purchasing tickets. 

It will still be cheaper to drive for 4hrs than use the rip off 0871 no on your mobile !! ?

15 hours ago, archram said:

It’s one of the few games my stepson can get to , his mother’s agreed to have the baby! Will we be ok turning up and buying tickets in the home end? If so, any advice on where to sit, please?

We’re assuming Derby won’t do anything exciting enough for us to give ourselves away!

I sat with the Villa fans a couple of years ago in the Doug Ellis stand next to the Derby fans. I'm not sure if you'll be able to pay on the day though. I got away with registering and buying online due to my Birmingham post code.

4 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Is it Witton Station the closest to the ground? 

Last time I went to Aston station. Pretty frequent trains from New St too.

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I sat with the Villa fans a couple of years ago in the Doug Ellis stand next to the Derby fans. I'm not sure if you'll be able to pay on the day though. I got away with registering and buying online due to my Birmingham post code.

Yes I was thinking I'd try to register. A Bristol post code might confuse them! 

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Why aren’t you getting the Tamworth-New Street and New Street - Witton/ Aston trains?

Good question, simple answer: time and money.

Journey time (including 5 minute drive to the station) for the Tamworth to Witton route = just over an hour.

Train fair £12:60 return + £6 to park (it's a little cheaper to park in Tamworth town centre but not much) = £18:60

compared with:

Journey time via Four Oaks (including 15 minute drive) = just over half an hour 

Train fair = £3.40 (free parking)

Archived