Next 7 Games

DCFC1388

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 18/02/2019 at 13:22, Cam the Ram said:

Putting my usual pessimistic hat on

Millwall - win (the players know they need to put in a big performance after the Ipswich and Brighton displays)

Forest - lose (we've put in about 2 good away performances in 3+ months, Norwich and Southampton and Forest are slowly improving under O'Neill. The players looked like they let the nerves get the better of them in the home tie so I'm not holding much hope of them being up for it away against them)

Villa - lose (with the talent they have they've got to turn it around sooner rather than later and after battering us 3-0 a couple of months back they'll probably think we're the team to do it against)

Wigan - win (we really should beat teams like this, especially at home)

Sheff W - win (i'm a little worried they could get a good run going under Bruce, but have gone with a win)

Stoke - draw (Ince will put in the performance of his life)

Rotherham - win (again, we really should be winning this)

Even being my pessimistic self I can see us coming out of it with 13 points from a possible 21. It's not like Derby to let fans down around March time, is it? ?

Oh poo

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/02/2019 at 13:05, DCFC1388 said:

Our next 7 games until the end of March are absolutely massive in terms of where we could end up finishing.

With Swansea still in the FA Cup our away game to them will be re-arranged meaning we will have 4 homes games in a row, 5 out of the next 7 at home.

Millwall (H)      0 points

Forest (A)         0 points

Villa (A)            0 points

Wigan (H)        3 points

Sheff W (H)      1 point

Stoke (H)          ??

Rotherham (H)   ??

If we are to be aiming for top 6, we need to be getting at least 15 points from the available 21 there. The first 4 will be big in regards the gap between us and Forest/Villa as that's our 2 games in hand over them as well playing them both away. We have to win our 2 games in hand but if Forest/Villa don't beat us they are out the playoff race imo.

Hardly going to plan is it?  Maximum we can get is 10 points. A bit below most peoples expectations.

Archived