Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DCFC1388

Next 7 Games

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

In that case all is well. 

I was just drawing up some ground rules too, not the face or balls, lay off the midriff etc etc, didn't consider poorly hands tbf.

Would have been the worse pie eating duel the East stand had ever witnessed!

We'd all pay a pound to see it, mind!

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

I don't know how that happened, but those words you've quoted certainly don't belong to me!

In fact I feel quite queasy even seeing them mistakenly attributed to me.

Correct at once sir, or I will be forced to challenge you to a duel come Wednesday night outside the ground.

 

He would have highlighted BobbyD's quoted section of your post, so it would appear to be your post. 

Share this post


Link to post

In my opinion, there’s no reason why we can’t go on and win at least 5 of these games and go on to hopefully finish high up the top 6. 

Millwall win

forest draw

villa loss

Wigan win

Wednesday win

stoke draw

rotherham win 

However... this is derby.

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, reveldevil said:

In that case all is well. 

I was just drawing up some ground rules too, not the face or balls, lay off the midriff etc etc, didn't consider poorly hands tbf.

Would have been the worse pie eating duel the East stand had ever witnessed!

Couldn't be anyworse than the forest pir eating duel!

 

Share this post


Link to post

I'm going to say...

Millwall (H) – W (scrappy, scrappy win – someone scores with their arse-cheek)
Forest (A) – D (we'll dominate, but somehow not win – Forest fans go wild obv)
Villa (A) – L (uh-oh, looking ominous ain't it?)
Wigan (H) – W (hang about, that was quite a good performance!)
Sheff W (H) – W (two in a row!)
Stoke (H) – D (the ghost of The Snake strikes)
Rotherham (H) – W (Marriott hattrick!)

I'm feeling optimistic. 14 points and I'll be happy! 

Share this post


Link to post
On 18/02/2019 at 13:05, DCFC1388 said:

Our next 7 games until the end of March are absolutely massive in terms of where we could end up finishing.

With Swansea still in the FA Cup our away game to them will be re-arranged meaning we will have 4 homes games in a row, 5 out of the next 7 at home.

Millwall (H)

Forest (A)

Villa (A)

Wigan (H)

Sheff W (H)

Stoke (H)

Rotherham (H)

If we are to be aiming for top 6, we need to be getting at least 15 points from the available 21 there. The first 4 will be big in regards the gap between us and Forest/Villa as that's our 2 games in hand over them as well playing them both away. We have to win our 2 games in hand but if Forest/Villa don't beat us they are out the playoff race imo.

I m going for 19 points

Share this post


Link to post
On 18/02/2019 at 19:42, europia said:

Millwall (H)

Forest (A)

Villa (A)

Wigan (H)

Sheff W (H)

Stoke (H)

Rotherham (H)

Scrappy win

Scrappy defeat

Good win

Decent draw

Scrappy defeat

Decent win

Good win 

Share this post


Link to post
On 19/02/2019 at 00:48, Edinburgh ram said:

In my opinion, there’s no reason why we can’t go on and win at least 5 of these games and go on to hopefully finish high up the top 6. 

Millwall win

forest draw

villa loss

Wigan win

Wednesday win

stoke draw

rotherham win 

However... this is derby.

Good job I know where you are coming from because you could read this in opposition

Share this post


Link to post
On 18/02/2019 at 13:05, DCFC1388 said:

Our next 7 games until the end of March are absolutely massive in terms of where we could end up finishing.

With Swansea still in the FA Cup our away game to them will be re-arranged meaning we will have 4 homes games in a row, 5 out of the next 7 at home.

Millwall (H)    Lost A

Forest (A)      Drew H

Villa (A)         Lost  H

Wigan (H)     Won A

Sheff W (H)   Won A

Stoke (H)       Lost A

Rotherham (H)  Lost A

If we are to be aiming for top 6, we need to be getting at least 15 points from the available 21 there. The first 4 will be big in regards the gap between us and Forest/Villa as that's our 2 games in hand over them as well playing them both away. We have to win our 2 games in hand but if Forest/Villa don't beat us they are out the playoff race imo.

Let's remind ourselves of the results against these teams first time round. I know it's not that simple but we've only averaged a point per game in those 7 fixtures. Are we playing well enough to double that tally in the next 7 ??

Share this post


Link to post

Millwall (H) - Easy win

Forest (A) - Dump them in the Trent

Villa (A) - Tricky but another win, we’re on a roll

Wigan (H) - 3 points

Sheff W (H) - Lampard starts the bounce

 Stoke (H) - No snake sideshow, the Rams are rampant 

 Rotherham (H) - 3 nil up and draw 3-3, forum goes into meltdown questioning the clubs entire existence 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Roboram said:

Let's remind ourselves of the results against these teams first time round. I know it's not that simple but we've only averaged a point per game in those 7 fixtures. Are we playing well enough to double that tally in the next 7 ??

Some of them may be playing a pile worse than they did 1st time around. Just sayin......

Share this post


Link to post

Our home form has been good all season,    So 5 home games is good news.

i think it wilL go something like this...

millwall - win

forest - draw

villa - lose

wigan - draw

Sheff wed - win

stoke - lose

rotherham - win

11 points leaving us pretty much where we are now.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Millwall Win

Forest Sadly Lose

Villa      Lose

Wigan  Win

Sheff Weds   Win

Stoke   Draw

Rotherham Win

 

Pretty much what most are thinking 13/21 must win game tonight though

Share this post


Link to post

I sincerely believe we will win all seven. I can’t demonstrate that based on previous results - but if that was the way it worked we would only play 23 games.

it’s the hope that makes this sport great - and the thing that eventually makes for many grumpy people in the summer!

Edited by Igorwasking

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.