Sign in to follow this  
DCFC1388

Christian Walton

Feels like a potential negotiating tactic to me... Get news out that we're looking at another keeper at the same time we're in negotiations with one of our current keepers...

Very much suggests Mitchell doesn't have a future at Derby though doesn't it?

Roos should get a deal now unless he has silly demands.  Moving from back up to first team, especially given where we signed him from, I reckon he'll be asking/due a decent hike in wages but nothing crazy. 

Can't see why he wouldn't sign though.  He's been given opportunity under Frank, and we look like we're going to be regular play off contenders at worst.  He could leave on a free for a bit of a payday, but if it's a step up it will be as a benchwarmer, and if it's down then I don't see a point.  The thing that might appeal is a move back home - his availability and recent performances could get him a starting spot in the Eredivisie.  

On 19/02/2019 at 10:12, cheron85 said:

Very much suggests Mitchell doesn't have a future at Derby though doesn't it?

I think he's out on loan because he's fairly well rated buy untested or we don't think he's ready.

I imagine we want 3 around and him and Roos both factor in to that.  It's Carson who will be in danger. 

22 hours ago, Rample said:

Roos should get a deal now unless he has silly demands.  Moving from back up to first team, especially given where we signed him from, I reckon he'll be asking/due a decent hike in wages but nothing crazy. 

Can't see why he wouldn't sign though.  He's been given opportunity under Frank, and we look like we're going to be regular play off contenders at worst.  He could leave on a free for a bit of a payday, but if it's a step up it will be as a benchwarmer, and if it's down then I don't see a point.  The thing that might appeal is a move back home - his availability and recent performances could get him a starting spot in the Eredivisie.  

not according to some on here, but I remain hopeful