Christian Walton - Joined Blackburn

DCFC1388

40 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

"Mad dashes", or "successful (to varying degrees) defensive play"?

Wouldn't a "mad dash" from a goalie hint at it ending in a goal conceded, or a half-chance at the very least?  I don't recall any of his "mad dashes" leading to such an outcome, although I'm open to be reminded, as I do have a lousy memory.

Of course, there is the possibility that your definition of "a mad dash" differs from mine, and I doubt that would mean either of us to be "wrong", as it's a matter of opinion.

If Neuer or Ederson does it, its great play by a 'sweepeer keeper' - Roos does it, its a mad dash

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be so sad if Roos leaves on a free at the end of the season.

We have spent years developing him after plucking him out from nowhere and he has now shown himself to be a great prospect. He has absolutely earned a new contract.

It would be typical of us to let him go, sign someone who is no better, then watch him flourish at another club.

7 hours ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

I will be so sad if Roos leaves on a free at the end of the season.

We have spent years developing him after plucking him out from nowhere and he has now shown himself to be a great prospect. He has absolutely earned a new contract.

It would be typical of us to let him go, sign someone who is no better, then watch him flourish at another club.

Don't think it's a case of letting him go, more that we can't guarantee him the number one spot (if he goes).

Roos should get a deal now unless he has silly demands.  Moving from back up to first team, especially given where we signed him from, I reckon he'll be asking/due a decent hike in wages but nothing crazy. 

Can't see why he wouldn't sign though.  He's been given opportunity under Frank, and we look like we're going to be regular play off contenders at worst.  He could leave on a free for a bit of a payday, but if it's a step up it will be as a benchwarmer, and if it's down then I don't see a point.  The thing that might appeal is a move back home - his availability and recent performances could get him a starting spot in the Eredivisie.  

On 19/02/2019 at 10:12, cheron85 said:

Very much suggests Mitchell doesn't have a future at Derby though doesn't it?

I think he's out on loan because he's fairly well rated buy untested or we don't think he's ready.

I imagine we want 3 around and him and Roos both factor in to that.  It's Carson who will be in danger. 

22 hours ago, Rample said:

Roos should get a deal now unless he has silly demands.  Moving from back up to first team, especially given where we signed him from, I reckon he'll be asking/due a decent hike in wages but nothing crazy. 

Can't see why he wouldn't sign though.  He's been given opportunity under Frank, and we look like we're going to be regular play off contenders at worst.  He could leave on a free for a bit of a payday, but if it's a step up it will be as a benchwarmer, and if it's down then I don't see a point.  The thing that might appeal is a move back home - his availability and recent performances could get him a starting spot in the Eredivisie.  

not according to some on here, but I remain hopeful

• 1 month later...

Archived