Sign in to follow this  
DCFC1388

Christian Walton

2 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

What more are you looking for, Roy?

I’ve seen the things you mentioned and I reckon his distribution is pretty good too.

I have to be honest and say I didn’t think he was quite up to it but he’s not done great deal wrong in my opinion. 

How many games has he played? To prove he's consistent, that he can command his box, etc. Okay you've seen enough. I haven't. I didn't rate him pre-this short spell and although he's done well, that isn't enough for me to give him no.1 spot.

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How many games has he played? To prove he's consistent, that he can command his box, etc. Okay you've seen enough. I haven't. I didn't rate him pre-this short spell and although he's done well, that isn't enough for me to give him no.1 spot.

Sounds more like we’re agreeing to me... I would suggest that I’ve seen him play better than I thought he would.

Would you drop him for the game on Wednesday?

1 hour ago, RIMBAUD said:

Sounds more like we’re agreeing to me... I would suggest that I’ve seen him play better than I thought he would.

Would you drop him for the game on Wednesday?

No. That sends the wrong message out to the squad, but FL does change as he decides it seems.

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Really? I've seen a few 'mad dashes' out of his goal, a few crosses he's come for but mostly shot-stopping. Need to see more for me.

"Mad dashes", or "successful (to varying degrees) defensive play"?

Wouldn't a "mad dash" from a goalie hint at it ending in a goal conceded, or a half-chance at the very least?  I don't recall any of his "mad dashes" leading to such an outcome, although I'm open to be reminded, as I do have a lousy memory.

Of course, there is the possibility that your definition of "a mad dash" differs from mine, and I doubt that would mean either of us to be "wrong", as it's a matter of opinion.

23 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Wouldn't a "mad dash" from a goalie hint at it ending in a goal conceded, or a half-chance at the very least?  I don't recall any of his "mad dashes" leading to such an outcome, although I'm open to be reminded, as I do have a lousy memory.

Of course, there is the possibility that your definition of "a mad dash" differs from mine, and I doubt that would mean either of us to be "wrong", as it's a matter of opinion.

Indeed it's a matter of opinion. 

40 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

If Neuer or Ederson does it, its great play by a 'sweepeer keeper' - Roos does it, its a mad dash

Edited by DCFC1388

I will be so sad if Roos leaves on a free at the end of the season.

We have spent years developing him after plucking him out from nowhere and he has now shown himself to be a great prospect. He has absolutely earned a new contract.

It would be typical of us to let him go, sign someone who is no better, then watch him flourish at another club.

7 hours ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

I will be so sad if Roos leaves on a free at the end of the season.

We have spent years developing him after plucking him out from nowhere and he has now shown himself to be a great prospect. He has absolutely earned a new contract.

It would be typical of us to let him go, sign someone who is no better, then watch him flourish at another club.

Don't think it's a case of letting him go, more that we can't guarantee him the number one spot (if he goes).