Sign in to follow this  
DCFC1388

Christian Walton

I wonder if this would mean Roos or Carson could be going. Roos may be out of contract but imo has earnt a new deal, Carson hasnt been at his best this season so maybe Roos would be a cheaper backup than Carson if Walton was to join as no. 1

Hm, we obviously want to replace Carson which is the right call imo but tbh I think Roos is ready for the job. He was fantastic yesterday and is good at distributing as well. Can’t say I’d be too excited by a goalie on loan at Wigan who’ve been struggling really, would he be an upgrade?

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Hm, we obviously want to replace Carson which is the right call imo but tbh I think Roos is ready for the job. He was fantastic yesterday and is good at distributing as well. Can’t say I’d be too excited by a goalie on loan at Wigan who’ve been struggling really, would he be an upgrade?

Isnt this the same situatuon we got Carson? From a struggling Wigan team that got relegated

3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Isnt this the same situatuon we got Carson? From a struggling Wigan team that got relegated

Yeah I was gonna mention that in my post, bit different though as he obviously had the rep beforehand of having played for England etc. 

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Is it obvious?

Carson has been our number 1 all season until he got injured, until he’s back fit we don’t know what Lampard’s plans are.

Roos is out of contract in the summer, he might want out having been here a number of years and failed to establish himself as the number 1. 

He might sign and Carson leaves, Walton comes in as backup.

Either way I wouldn’t say it’s obvious.

In fairness to Roos he hasn’t really been given a run of games like he is getting now because of Carson form and lack of injuries. I think Roos has probably done better than even the management team had thought he would and is genuinely competition for Carson. He’s definitely surprised me and fair play to him.

As much as I like Carson maybe it’s time to look forward given the way we want to play as his distribution isn’t the best.

57 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lots of keepers are decent shot-stoppers, not seen enough of Roos to tell if he's more than that or not.

He is getting plenty of practice!

Walton is certainly prone to howlers, albeit a capable keeper most of the time. I’m not entirely sure about him coming in as number 1, but a keeper with a bit of promise is okay with me.

Roos certainly fits the bill, but I’d imagine that he will want a starting role and whether we take that chance on him, I don’t know? I can see him rejecting a new deal and moving to another Championship club. 

23 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

He is getting plenty of practice!

Really? I've seen a few 'mad dashes' out of his goal, a few crosses he's come for but mostly shot-stopping. Need to see more for me.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Really? I've seen a few 'mad dashes' out of his goal, a few crosses he's come for but mostly shot-stopping. Need to see more for me.

What more are you looking for, Roy?

I’ve seen the things you mentioned and I reckon his distribution is pretty good too.

I have to be honest and say I didn’t think he was quite up to it but he’s not done great deal wrong in my opinion.