Christian Walton - Joined Blackburn

DCFC1388

On 19 April 2019 at 23:38, BodminRam said:

oh my god   no  one heard of wadebridge. very educational support weve got lol  I live 10 mins from it.  support for our team just dosnt come from east midlands.  Im off to my local game on sat   Bristol away

I played for Wadebridge Juniors as a kid in the late 70s ?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Goodnight

Well as we stand Roos is out of contract and Carson probably is on a large wage which we may want to move on ( he will never be able distribute the football quickly and accurately) 

Might do it quicker without the beard - wind resistance slows him down

3 hours ago, Papahet said:

I really don't get the urgent need for another keeper, Carson is absolutely quality for any Championship club, work on his distribution during pre season rather than stockpiling more players.

For me it’s almost number 1 priority. Our major weakness is defensively dealing with crosses. Having 2 keepers who don’t command their box and deal with crosses very well is a big part of that....a centre half who for the same reasons needed as well.

2 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

For me it’s almost number 1 priority. Our major weakness is defensively dealing with crosses. Having 2 keepers who don’t command their box and deal with crosses very well is a big part of that....a centre half who for the same reasons needed as well.

Can we think about bringing Ravas through? Maybe plan on the basis of doing that longer term and have experienced cover in the short term 

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

Can we think about bringing Ravas through? Maybe plan on the basis of doing that longer term and have experienced cover in the short term 

Possibly if he’s deemed good enough. How is he on crosses? I’ve not seen much of him to really be able to judge.

Just now, jimbo jones said:

Possibly if he’s deemed good enough. How is he on crosses? I’ve not seen much of him to really be able to judge.

Nor I but I think I've read some reasonable reviews and hes massively tall so has all the physical attributes to command his area.

Of course, his distribution might be plop....?

15 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I always find this one a bit weird - when watching goalies in the warm ups they seem able to kick it fifty yards, like some sort of heat seeking missile, between themselves yet as soon as the whistle blows the width of the pitch seems too much of a challenge for them.

30 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

25 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

23 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Nor I but I think I've read some reasonable reviews and hes massively tall so has all the physical attributes to command his area.

@angieram?

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

I rate him. 

But I say that about all the young players!  Good in air as you'd expect but he hasn't had a lot of football this season with his involvement in the first team squad. 

Maybe I should have tagged a more negative poster?

12 minutes ago, angieram said:

I rate him. 

But I say that about all the young players!  Good in air as you'd expect but he hasn't had a lot of football this season with his involvement in the first team squad. 

Sounds to me as though we could go with roos and ravas or Carson and ravas (if roos doesn't sign).

Don't see the need for another keeper tbh unless we're offloading Carson come what may, and roos doesn't sign.

Carson has to leave, at his age he would want to play and that won't be at Derby

As for Roos i personally don't rate him

Think a good solid starting Keeper should be high on the list but wouldn't have Walton down as that !

Lazy journo linking Bogle and makimg up rumours is my bet

16 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

I always find this one a bit weird - when watching goalies in the warm ups they seem able to kick it fifty yards, like some sort of heat seeking missile, between themselves yet as soon as the whistle blows the width of the pitch seems too much of a challenge for them.

In the warm-up they haven’t got opposition players closing them down...

5 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Why would Roos not sign a contract similar to what he already had?

Greed?

One potential reason of many. Not saying he's definitely greedy. ? 

I find reading the comments in this thread really funny. There are people who have actually seen him play a fair bit that don't rate him. 

I realised as I was reading it that I have been advocating us buying him and I've barely seen him play a match.

It's so easy to get swept up in speculation - I usually avoid giving an opinion on a player I know sod all about, but I got sucked in this time. 

I'm changing my position on this one to neutral until further notice ?

Archived