Christian Walton - Joined Blackburn

DCFC1388

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roos will surely only stay for first team football. Depends whether Frank has seen enough to promote him. 

Tough one. 

Personally i would go with Roos due to his age, athleticism, and superior kicking ability. He's ready. 

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Hm, we obviously want to replace Carson which is the right call imo but tbh I think Roos is ready for the job. He was fantastic yesterday and is good at distributing as well. Can’t say I’d be too excited by a goalie on loan at Wigan who’ve been struggling really, would he be an upgrade?

Isnt this the same situatuon we got Carson? From a struggling Wigan team that got relegated

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Hm, we obviously want to replace Carson which is the right call imo but tbh I think Roos is ready for the job. He was fantastic yesterday and is good at distributing as well. Can’t say I’d be too excited by a goalie on loan at Wigan who’ve been struggling really, would he be an upgrade?

Is it obvious?

Carson has been our number 1 all season until he got injured, until he’s back fit we don’t know what Lampard’s plans are.

Roos is out of contract in the summer, he might want out having been here a number of years and failed to establish himself as the number 1. 

He might sign and Carson leaves, Walton comes in as backup.

Either way I wouldn’t say it’s obvious.

In fairness to Roos he hasn’t really been given a run of games like he is getting now because of Carson form and lack of injuries. I think Roos has probably done better than even the management team had thought he would and is genuinely competition for Carson. He’s definitely surprised me and fair play to him.

As much as I like Carson maybe it’s time to look forward given the way we want to play as his distribution isn’t the best.

Walton is certainly prone to howlers, albeit a capable keeper most of the time. I’m not entirely sure about him coming in as number 1, but a keeper with a bit of promise is okay with me.

Roos certainly fits the bill, but I’d imagine that he will want a starting role and whether we take that chance on him, I don’t know? I can see him rejecting a new deal and moving to another Championship club. 

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Really? I've seen a few 'mad dashes' out of his goal, a few crosses he's come for but mostly shot-stopping. Need to see more for me.

What more are you looking for, Roy?

I’ve seen the things you mentioned and I reckon his distribution is pretty good too.

I have to be honest and say I didn’t think he was quite up to it but he’s not done great deal wrong in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

What more are you looking for, Roy?

I’ve seen the things you mentioned and I reckon his distribution is pretty good too.

I have to be honest and say I didn’t think he was quite up to it but he’s not done great deal wrong in my opinion. 

How many games has he played? To prove he's consistent, that he can command his box, etc. Okay you've seen enough. I haven't. I didn't rate him pre-this short spell and although he's done well, that isn't enough for me to give him no.1 spot.

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How many games has he played? To prove he's consistent, that he can command his box, etc. Okay you've seen enough. I haven't. I didn't rate him pre-this short spell and although he's done well, that isn't enough for me to give him no.1 spot.

Sounds more like we’re agreeing to me... I would suggest that I’ve seen him play better than I thought he would.

Would you drop him for the game on Wednesday?

1 hour ago, RIMBAUD said:

Sounds more like we’re agreeing to me... I would suggest that I’ve seen him play better than I thought he would.

Would you drop him for the game on Wednesday?

No. That sends the wrong message out to the squad, but FL does change as he decides it seems.

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Really? I've seen a few 'mad dashes' out of his goal, a few crosses he's come for but mostly shot-stopping. Need to see more for me.

"Mad dashes", or "successful (to varying degrees) defensive play"?

Wouldn't a "mad dash" from a goalie hint at it ending in a goal conceded, or a half-chance at the very least?  I don't recall any of his "mad dashes" leading to such an outcome, although I'm open to be reminded, as I do have a lousy memory.

Of course, there is the possibility that your definition of "a mad dash" differs from mine, and I doubt that would mean either of us to be "wrong", as it's a matter of opinion.

23 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

"Mad dashes", or "successful (to varying degrees) defensive play"?

Wouldn't a "mad dash" from a goalie hint at it ending in a goal conceded, or a half-chance at the very least?  I don't recall any of his "mad dashes" leading to such an outcome, although I'm open to be reminded, as I do have a lousy memory.

Of course, there is the possibility that your definition of "a mad dash" differs from mine, and I doubt that would mean either of us to be "wrong", as it's a matter of opinion.

Indeed it's a matter of opinion. 

Archived