Derby County v Millwall

Mafiabob

4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Why single bryson out? He was far from our worst player today. 

That’s why I said he was no worse than 5 others. The reason I mentioned him was due to his continued inclusion, despite his pitiful performance all year ( hull aside). At least all the others who have a shocker get dropped ( bogle aside) and some get frozen out for ever it seams 

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes I got what you said. Now get what I said. Or are you just a troll?

The trouble with you Roy Mac5 you always seem to love it when Derby lose, you are always posting more when things are going not well, that's why some of us think your a troll, or maybe something else, we all know it was poor, but to be honest with you , when Frank came in, most of us said it would take time, and a top 10 finish would be OK, it's gonna time, and plenty of support from us the fans and Mel the owner, when did you have anything positive to say about any Derby manager in the last 10 years?

Two random thoughts:

- fans want Huddlestone in the team, but also fast, high tempo and pressing football. Those two things will not work together. 

- We are mentally fragile. No one looks confident on the ball, while others run away from being an option. We are desperate for some character to get hold of it and get away from the ‘east and obvious pass’.  Players coming deep to collect the ball rather than using movement to push their players back stands out to mr. Also this happened two or three times where a person running sideways, or with their back to the opposition goal took the ball off a player running forward. Asking for trouble doing stuff like that. To me it shows a lack of trust in others around you, but a lack of confidence to change the game.

It was a horrible game to watch. I’m not entirely sure what to say about our midfield now: they just don’t offer any support and the defence are often stuck with the ball and no options. We shouldn’t be losing to Millwall - a team with 7 away points before tonight. 

It’s a sign that our team aren’t willing to graft, possibly arrogant about their own abilities and are categorically lazy. 

Monday tonight should be interesting. 

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Hi.  Bristol City fan, not here to gloat, just interested in the comments after the match (just watched).  Your forum sounds like ours from last season when we plummeted from over-achieving 2nd place at Xmas to 11th by the season end.

We blew up last season having played an energetic, high pressing game...running out of steam in January.  Our players were knackered, nobody showed any edge.  We raised a few performances against the better sides, but Millwall, Preston etc, I.e. those teams who bully you, we couldn’t find a way past, losing several of them.  We conceded goals late in games, whereas earlier last season it was us getting late winners or draws.

You obviously have some good players, but like us last season you didn’t look like you had someone in the middle of the park to take the game by the scruff of the neck.

Leeds have played high press under Bielsa all season, and I wonder if they’ll fade a bit too.

Difference is chap we do it every season so the disappointment and dillusionment invariably grows. We're becoming conditioned to seeing us fade in the second half of the season. I wish Bristol all the best by the way, all is fair in love and war, no sour grapes if you finish above us. 

4 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

The trouble with you Roy Mac5 you always seem to love it when Derby lose, you are always posting more when things are going not well, that's why some of us think your a troll, or maybe something else, we all know it was poor, but in to be honest with you when Frank came in we all said it would take time, and a top 10 finish would be OK, it's gonna time, and plenty of support from us the fans and Mel the owner, when did you have anything positive to say about any Derby manager in the last 10 years?

You seem quite happy to talk for other people on here, I don't recall saying I would be happy with a top ten finish. Confine your answers to your own opinion.

5 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

The trouble with you Roy Mac5 you always seem to love it when Derby lose, you are always posting more when things are going not well, that's why some of us think your a troll...

Oh here you are AGAIN. You never answered did you when I last challenged you about a comment you said I'd made?

Just truck off with your anti-Derby fan attitude. Yes I'm a Derby fan, probably longer than you've been alive.

1 minute ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Out the two of us how can I be the troll when all you seem to do is argue with people?

you started an argument with me when we both agreed Roos can’t be dropped 

hmmm next Tuesday mate 

No you argued with me mate, when I said Carson isn't fit.

21 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I think a high percentage of those who went to the game tonight might have found it more enjoyable to go to your pub tonight watching the bar girl pressing her red button 72 times.  

The best bit about RamsTV or probably my IPad is that it went off just at the moment the Millwall player went through on goal.

Spent the next 30 seconds whacking my IPad saying "is life just about whacking poxy buttons and I've missed their poxy goal

So I still haven't seen the g

Just got back from one of the poorest performances I've seen in a long time.

We looked to be running through treacle and had absolutely no penetration whatsoever through the middle,well,in fact anywhere.

We failed to press and everyone just looked lethargic and knackered.

I just don't know what's gone wrong,I can't believe how different we are from the team that beat Manchester or put such a performance up against Chelsea.

I love Frank to bits and I so want him to do well but he's got to get a settled team and tactics sorted so that the players know what they are doing week in,week out.

I could do without this every bloody year.

16 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Two random thoughts:

- fans want Huddlestone in the team, but also fast, high tempo and pressing football. Those two things will not work together. 

I think it can be achieved with him in the team, our best week of the season had him in the middle for all 3 games. It doesn't need to be 100 miles per hour, just a decent tempo to it, not what we're currently watching.

Huddlestone controlled the game two weeks ago vs Hull, he set the tempo when we were in possession. He does need some help in there though. I can't think of anything positive Wilson or Bryson have added to the team going forward over the last week or two. I was convinced we weren't really missing Mount (as I thought he was pretty anonymous pre-injury) but something was ticking better in midfield with him in it. 

In reality (Sorry, Gary) it's probably not even worth worrying about anymore, he'll either leave the club in June or be given another year as a bit part player - he's not getting any younger/quicker/more mobile. 

Always makes me think back to when Thorne came onto the scene in that team and how good he was but the underlining factor for his success was how good the team were. You're only as good as the options around you. If you haven't got any then you'll struggle, no matter who we play in there. 

Archived