Wayne Hennesey

Sith Happens

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't agree. Snowflakes.

Sure you are angelic and never laughed or told a politically incorrect joke.

This is the problem with social media and mobiles, it catches us at our worst.

If you have never told or laughed at an inappropriate joke then your either lying or the next coming of christ.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Don't agree. Snowflakes.

If you have never told or laughed at an inappropriate joke then your either lying or the next coming of christ.

Agreed Paul.

We all do things that we might subsequently think "aagh"

As long as we learn and improve as people then I don't see why anyone should be permanently on trial.

8 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Don't agree. Snowflakes.

Many of us do.  Can't argue that.  I could offer a thousand examples right here, right now... just from a personal perspective!  But two wrongs don't make a right.  Getting caught is a whole different ball game (no pun intended!)

He's a pro footballer, and ergo governed by FA rules.  They say he's broke their rules. He denies it, hence the hearing.  It's all par for the course.

FWIW, it looks to me like he acted like a twit... and got caught!  His defence is both weak and cowardice, imo.  

I'd even go as far as saying his explanation for the gesture is more offensive than the gesture itself, given such a poor and unbelievable explanation. ( Whilst the gesture is not offensive to me personally, his reasoning/explanation, if offered to me (which it isn't!), would be considered to be an insult to my intelligence!)

Just my opinion of course.

We've all been fools, but we ain't all been caught!

6 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Meh ....... Is anyone actually offended by this ? I mean actually ? If the media wouldn't have highlighted it who has he actually upset ? 

Of course there will be somebody desperate to be offended over something.  He should have just  apologised took the slap on the wrist and move on.  Ridiculous waste of everybody’s time but the quoted defence is idiotic and looks like he is treating the fa with disrespect.  Penalty will now be far greater.

3 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Of course there will be somebody desperate to be offended over something.  He should have just  apologised took the slap on the wrist and move on.  Ridiculous waste of everybody’s time but the quoted defence is idiotic and looks like he is treating the fa with disrespect.  Penalty will now be far greater.

Cant argue with you on his defence, stupid thing to say.

I agree that his 'excuse' is pathetic and he's a coward for not telling the truth. It's a ducking joke though! I feel like I'm losing my damn mind when I read stuff like this. There was a time when we'd disarm radical ideology through ridicule. There was a time when one of our greatest comedians goose stepped around a Torquay dining room on prime time tv. Maybe the utter cretins at the FA believe Hennessey is a fully fledged Nazi? Maybe they just feel guilty that they as an organisation forced an England international team to give the Nazi salute when it actually meant something?

Is it not also double standards from the FA? Is it another pick and choose scenario? They had no interest in Phil Nevilles Tweets about Women, and even went on to appoint him womens football manager.

Now I am not saying Neville should have been charged, i dont, i think it was clearly a joke, just like this, but is a jokey Nazi Salute any worse than joking about beating your wife up?

Not only is he a proper Nazi, you can see how his eyes have become almost ghostly as he clearly is also an occultist, like his hero Hitler.

This was obviously a pre-meditated action and unsurprising when you learn that Wayne was once arrested over the deaths of thousands of innocents at Nazi concentration camps.

Luckily for the Queen, she is not a professional football, as those photos of her and her family doing a Hennesey went unpunished. There seems to be different rules for Palace goalkeeper and the Palace.

14 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Not only is he a proper Nazi, you can see how his eyes have become almost ghostly as he clearly is also an occultist, like his hero Hitler.

This was obviously a pre-meditated action and unsurprising when you learn that Wayne was once arrested over the deaths of thousands of innocents at Nazi concentration camps.

Luckily for the Queen, she is not a professional football, as those photos of her and her family doing a Hennesey went unpunished. There seems to be different rules for Palace goalkeeper and the Palace.

I suppose same could be said about DCFC.  I must say I missed seeing the Queen saluting in the Nazi way but I'd like to see it

15 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I suppose same could be said about DCFC.  I must say I missed seeing the Queen saluting in the Nazi way but I'd like to see it

It was in that esteemed organ the Daily Mirror a couple of years ago. She was a kid though so it was ok. Wayno is a goalkeeper, a much more important job.

• 1 month later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47946382

"Crystal Palace goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey did not know what a Nazi salute was when he was charged with making the offensive gesture, says a Football Association panel."

An utterly laughable end to a ridiculous story. I can't wait for Neil Warnock to get off from his latest charge by stating that he didn't understand what a referee was.

So to summarize, the FA has wasted goodness knows how much time and money investigating a charge that should never have been brought, over an action that isn't offensive, in a place they shouldn't have jurisdiction. They have accepted the obvious lie that Hennessey is so ignorant that he is completely unaware of a major historical event that occurred less than a century ago, yet can't help but chastise him to affirm their own moral superiority, "All we would say (at the risk of sounding patronising) is that Mr Hennessey would be well advised to familiarise himself with events which continue to have great significance to those who live in a free country." Thank duck they included the section in parentheses. The last thing they'd want is to appear patronising, whilst making one of the most patronising statements I've ever read.

Honk, honk.

Archived