Derby, Best City In The UK!

Stive Pesley

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't have understood the Birds reference a few weeks ago, having only recently learned that they're a Derby business and not nationwide. (I actually went on Birds store locator page to find the nearest one in London so I could prove to someone that Birds custard donuts are far superior to Greggs). Turns out they don't have them in London.

5 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I wouldn't have understood the Birds reference a few weeks ago, having only recently learned that they're a Derby business and not nationwide. (I actually went on Birds store locator page to find the nearest one in London so I could prove to someone that Birds custard donuts are far superior to Greggs). Turns out they don't have them in London.

still demand a Birds pork pie at Christmas, even though I haven't lived in shopping reach of the Belper branch since 1985.........?

2 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

still demand a Birds pork pie at Christmas, even though I haven't lived in shopping reach of the Belper branch since 1985.........?

me too, unbeatable, left UK in 1982 and it is still a priority when I come back.  Back again in mid march and the order will be a pork pie followed by a black currant cream

On 18/02/2019 at 00:28, uttoxram75 said:

Haha brilliant.

I lived that video, this was my day round Derby.....

Sunday lunch at The Palfrey in Blacksmiths Yard, 

Shopping in the Intu, credit card,,,

Peregrines on cathedral, hope they thrive

bathroom tiles up Ascot Drive,

Not so sure about two and four.?

My day in Derby ,so catch the bus from Toton into the city centre have a walk round the shops with the missus . Into Revs early doors and it's quite busy ,spank the Revs card on 2 for 1 drinks for a couple of hours .

Walk across town to Pepitos on London Rd a few more drinks and a Mexican.Thought about getting the train  bugger it got a cab home.

He's right good day out.  

Archived