eddie

Derbyshire Cricket 2019

45 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Awful last two defeats.....very disappointing.....

I expected we’d lose to Lancashire with Anderson & Onions playing, they will win the division comfortably I think, but....I did hope we’d give them a bit more of a game than that.

It was a difficult decision this morning - go to the County Ground full of optimism to witness a magnificent comeback and glory, or acknowledge the inevitable, catch the bus into Nottingham and have a few Belgian beers in Belgo.

I was in favour of the former but the Memsahib's thirst and natural pessimism won the day, I'm glad to say. Hic!

37 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Looking forward to seeing him in the 20/20....

Definitely. I saw a short interview he did talking about how he’s ‘getting used’ to the different conditions over here. The conditions recently would have been tough for anyone, but coming from South Africa and probably not used to it, I’m sure it was a learning curve for him.

In the one day stuff though I’m hopeful of some good stuff from him straight away judging from this game and what he did in the one day cup.

Not exactly Derbyshire cricket, but a frustrating evening at the County Ground tonight, waiting for England Ladies v Windies ladies.

Derby is about the only place it is still raining.

Posted (edited)

Quite surreal start. The wicket is really sporty, and both Finn and Roland-Jones look lively. Both Derbyshire openers have been dropped, and Godleman has registered five boundaries with edges through the slips, yet here we are at 136-0.

Edited by eddie

57 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Reece out for 96 🤦‍♂️

Hudson-Prentice came in at 3 and has made a decent start. Du Plooy in at 4.

Hudson-Prentice has looked very sound, and went to his half-century just before tea.

I'm sure that Derbyshire were delighted to have been inserted and to be 259-2 at tea. My Straffe Hendrik Quadrupel tastes very nice indeed.

Hudson-Prentice out for 99. A pity, but cricket isn't meant to be easy.