Brighton and Hove Albion vs Derby County Match thread

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Well that was  worth throwing away 2 points away on Wednesday night by resting Huddlestone and Bryson wasn't it? 

The Huddlestone and Bryson who's mistakes have lead to the majority of Brighton's attacks? 

9 minutes ago, McLovin said:

21 games since Nugent scored? That's simply not good enough. I liked him when he first came him and his hattrick against Fulham made me like him even more but now he's absolutely finished. I really don't know what he does or how he contributes to the team.

Who else would you have played instead of him then today 

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

What a dreadful week of football.

Absolutely balls up the game against Ipswich and then this truly dreadful display, nothing short of woeful.

Rowett, Clough, Clement, McLaren 1, McLaren 2 were all sacked for less than this.

State of this post, you can’t be serious ?

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

I don't think its similar to Clement.

We've seen what Lampard's goal is in terms of system. We play it forwards on the ground with patience and create opportunities. We also know the players are capable of playing the system, Hull and WBA games show that. What we're dealing with is player inconsistency, because if the players suddenly can't play simple passes, and move properly, the system doesn't work.

With Clement, the system was to pass it around with zero aggression until an opportunity too obvious to turn down presented itself. Which happened incredibly rarely. The players could play Clement's system perfectly, and did so every game. 

Im sorry but we absolutely don’t do what I’ve highlighted above. Might be what lampard wants us to do, but the odd time we actually manage it doesn’t excuse the other 20 odd games we don’t. I don’t doubt lampards philosophy, but I doubt his ability to inistigate it, because more often than not what we see is toothless attacking akin to rowettball but without the defensive strength.

FWIW I didnt mean he’s similar to clement is his style, I meant he’s similar in he overestimates the ability of the average championship footballer

Absolute pathetic. Huddlestone & Malone out of position constantly. Holmes & Wilson passengers, baffled as to why anyone would want Bryson to start, offers less than nothing!

Hopeless balls to Nugent, even if we bring Marriott on he would do nothing with that kind of service, be like Leeds again. 

Get Tomori off before he gets either sent off or his injury worsens, need him fit for the league games.

Big half time talk for Frank

Archived