Equality and inclusiveness in Sport

Sith Happens

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 13/02/2019 at 14:07, Paul71 said:

So we are constantly told more girls should be encouraged to play sports like football etc, we are told females should not be excluded based on their gender.

Seems like maybe the equality and inclusiveness only works one way.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-47213640

Total non-story. Boys were dominating the netball games as they will be stronger than girls, so the girls weren't as involved. Seems like common sense.

If girls want to play football in boy's game, where, on average they won't be as strong, then that's fair enough.

If you think this ruling is some sort of disgrace, I assume you are pro abolishing all male and female only sports and have everything mixed right?

On 13/02/2019 at 15:54, StivePesley said:

It's only a game - yet plenty will be outraged I'm sure. ?

Netball is a game for for girly wimps 

Well that's what my daughter told me when I suggested she played it.

Outrage should saved for teachers in Wales trying to justify kids to strike during school hours yet will fine parents every day their kids  miss school what a bunch of hypocrites they should be sacked. 

'Organisers said it was aimed at encouraging more girls to take part while boys' physical strength sometimes put them at an advantage.

But girls will be able to play in the football competition with boys at the same tournament.'

Modern day feminism at its finest ?

10 hours ago, maxjam said:

'Organisers said it was aimed at encouraging more girls to take part while boys' physical strength sometimes put them at an advantage.

But girls will be able to play in the football competition with boys at the same tournament.'

Modern day feminism at its finest ?

Snowflakes will moan about anything nowadays that why normal folk hate them so much. 

On 15/02/2019 at 19:58, cstand said:

Netball is a game for for girly wimps 

Well that's what my daughter told me when I suggested she played it.

Outrage should saved for teachers in Wales trying to justify kids to strike during school hours yet will fine parents every day their kids  miss school what a bunch of hypocrites they should be sacked. 

Except teachers don’t fine parents. It’s the Education authority. 

"Organisers said it was aimed at encouraging more girls to take part while boys' physical strength sometimes put them at an advantage."

What's this heresy? Innate differences between genders? What a regressive patriarchal line of thinking.

1 hour ago, Anon said:

"Organisers said it was aimed at encouraging more girls to take part while boys' physical strength sometimes put them at an advantage."

What's this heresy? Innate differences between genders? What a regressive patriarchal line of thinking.

That's why Korfball is the only sport for me

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korfball

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

But it's not the teachers.

I just hope that the poster of the original comment now realises this. The 'hypocrisy' of which he accused them is not real.

Not sure what it proves .... just saying the Head will ask for a fine to be issued, based on what his teaching staff tell him.  

29 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Not sure what it proves .... just saying the Head will ask for a fine to be issued, based on what his teaching staff tell him.  

Not really read the story...but nobody would fine anyone for having a day off school ...so immaterial anyway?

Archived