Yorkshire/Nottinghamshire Possible House Move Help

David

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, David said:

On par with Grimsby, I’ve moved since you came up and on the outskirts of now, that’s what we fancy again somewhere just out of town but within reach, as a Derby example Little Eaton, Morley (location wise)

Nah, Donny's under-rated IMO but your right in looking for the outskirts.

I'm about 3/4 miles out the town centre but on the north side, I'm guessing you probably want to be further south closer to the M18/M1. Branton, Tickhill and Maltby are alright. Bawtry as already been mentioned but you'll probably need more wonga for a house there. 

@Boycie's shout of Chesterfield isn't bad. That's where I grew up so still doing that commute once a week to see family and friends, can do it in about 30 min on a good run. (Maybe not now they've turned the M1 cameras on?!)

49 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Nah, Donny's under-rated IMO but your right in looking for the outskirts.

I'm about 3/4 miles out the town centre but on the north side, I'm guessing you probably want to be further south closer to the M18/M1. Branton, Tickhill and Maltby are alright. Bawtry as already been mentioned but you'll probably need more wonga for a house there. 

@Boycie's shout of Chesterfield isn't bad. That's where I grew up so still doing that commute once a week to see family and friends, can do it in about 30 min on a good run. (Maybe not now they've turned the M1 cameras on?!)

What’s Bentley like? Just seen a house in that area, not a new house but recently done out inside, really nice but really cheap so guessing the area is suspect

48 minutes ago, David said:

What’s Bentley like? Just seen a house in that area, not a new house but recently done out inside, really nice but really cheap so guessing the area is suspect

Suspect is a nice way of putting it, shoddy area yeah. I only really know the area's around the main roads though, you might be able to find a gem. 

14 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Suspect is a nice way of putting it, shoddy area yeah. I only really know the area's around the main roads though, you might be able to find a gem. 

Avoid at all costs or if you keep yourself to yourself you’re fine?

7 minutes ago, David said:

Avoid at all costs or if you keep yourself to yourself you’re fine?

Worth a look. If it's done out nice then must mean there's some decent owners knocking about those parts! You can always scope the area out too. It's only 5/10 mins into the centre from there depending on the traffic.

31 minutes ago, froggg said:

But is it motorway?

Doesn’t matter, it’s motorway from Grimsby to Doncaster, too far, may as well not move. Looking for 20 miles (ish) commute. 

Worksop is probably the furthest South we would go to

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Staveley / Bolsover area is up and coming, lots of investment from the government and council.

25mile from Donnie all Mway

30 miles from the centre to the job, bit far again unless the house is right on the East side but we'd be really limited in our search, as I say Worksop is about as South she will be willing to go as we could just move to the other side of Grimsby and it would be just as far to travel.

9 hours ago, David said:

Doesn’t matter, it’s motorway from Grimsby to Doncaster, too far, may as well not move. Looking for 20 miles (ish) commute. 

Worksop is probably the furthest South we would go to

Gateford, Raymoth Lane (both have plenty of recent/new built houses) & Thievesdale areas (all northern bits of Worksop) are quite nice. I lived in Gateford for 12 years & though Worksop town centre is a bit grim, there's decent shops & pubs in these areas.

Easy to get to the A1 at Blyth as well via a good fast B road.

23 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Gateford, Raymoth Lane (both have plenty of recent/new built houses) & Thievesdale areas (all northern bits of Worksop) are quite nice. I lived in Gateford for 12 years & though Worksop town centre is a bit grim, there's decent shops & pubs in these areas.

Easy to get to the A1 at Blyth as well via a good fast B road.

Just asking for trouble there!

Archived