Sign in to follow this  
David

Yorkshire/Nottinghamshire Possible House Move Help

19 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Why don't you fancy Donny Dave? 

About an hour to get to Derby, not too bad. London on the train in an hour and half. Sheff and Leeds a stone throw away. There's some nice little villages dotted around it which are reasonably priced. 

On par with Grimsby, I’ve moved since you came up and on the outskirts of now, that’s what we fancy again somewhere just out of town but within reach, as a Derby example Little Eaton, Morley (location wise)

1 hour ago, David said:

On par with Grimsby, I’ve moved since you came up and on the outskirts of now, that’s what we fancy again somewhere just out of town but within reach, as a Derby example Little Eaton, Morley (location wise)

Nah, Donny's under-rated IMO but your right in looking for the outskirts.

I'm about 3/4 miles out the town centre but on the north side, I'm guessing you probably want to be further south closer to the M18/M1. Branton, Tickhill and Maltby are alright. Bawtry as already been mentioned but you'll probably need more wonga for a house there. 

@Boycie's shout of Chesterfield isn't bad. That's where I grew up so still doing that commute once a week to see family and friends, can do it in about 30 min on a good run. (Maybe not now they've turned the M1 cameras on?!)

49 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Nah, Donny's under-rated IMO but your right in looking for the outskirts.

I'm about 3/4 miles out the town centre but on the north side, I'm guessing you probably want to be further south closer to the M18/M1. Branton, Tickhill and Maltby are alright. Bawtry as already been mentioned but you'll probably need more wonga for a house there. 

@Boycie's shout of Chesterfield isn't bad. That's where I grew up so still doing that commute once a week to see family and friends, can do it in about 30 min on a good run. (Maybe not now they've turned the M1 cameras on?!)

What’s Bentley like? Just seen a house in that area, not a new house but recently done out inside, really nice but really cheap so guessing the area is suspect

48 minutes ago, David said:

What’s Bentley like? Just seen a house in that area, not a new house but recently done out inside, really nice but really cheap so guessing the area is suspect

Suspect is a nice way of putting it, shoddy area yeah. I only really know the area's around the main roads though, you might be able to find a gem. 

Chesterfield is a touch far, could be pushing 50 miles depending on which side, it’s 40 miles from centre to the new job, by then we may as well stay where we are

14 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Suspect is a nice way of putting it, shoddy area yeah. I only really know the area's around the main roads though, you might be able to find a gem. 

Avoid at all costs or if you keep yourself to yourself you’re fine?

7 minutes ago, David said:

Chesterfield is a touch far, could be pushing 50 miles depending on which side, it’s 40 miles from centre to the new job, by then we may as well stay where we are

But is it motorway?

7 minutes ago, David said:

Avoid at all costs or if you keep yourself to yourself you’re fine?

Worth a look. If it's done out nice then must mean there's some decent owners knocking about those parts! You can always scope the area out too. It's only 5/10 mins into the centre from there depending on the traffic.