Sign in to follow this  
StapenhillRam

Albentosa to Bolton

7 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I would assume that he was offered to several clubs and they were the only ones interested.

Thanks Rich. I think you miss my point though. Pretty sure there has been more than once recently when the players have not been paid.

11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

No. Probably worse.

Was going to give you the rolled eyes, but 1: I don't like that as a response and 2: you are obviously entitled to your opinion. Personally I don't think he was sooo bad, and the small amount of games plus the circumstances around them for me make it difficult to judge him. It's similar to the Thorne situation. We all know how good he was, but in his few games last season we had some saying that the Messiah had returned and others that he wasn't worth his place.

9 hours ago, richinspain said:

Was he actually so bad as some make out? I remember him being named as several people's motm early on, especially away at Norwich. He probably suffered more than most for our defensive frailties when injuries bit. The wardrobe was out, all three CDMs as well. The ball just always seemed to come back so quickly whenever we cleared our lines or a move broke down. He certainly wasn't a huge success, but I think circumstances and bad management of his situation from within the club made it worse.

I hope he gets a good reception if he plays against us. 

norwich away he wasn't great but i really felt for him one game when he was sub. He came out at half time for a kick about and all the other subs totally blanked him and ignored him, playing their own private game away on the far touchline. 

24 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Was going to give you the rolled eyes, but 1: I don't like that as a response and 2: you are obviously entitled to your opinion. Personally I don't think he was sooo bad, and the small amount of games plus the circumstances around them for me make it difficult to judge him. It's similar to the Thorne situation. We all know how good he was, but in his few games last season we had some saying that the Messiah had returned and others that he wasn't worth his place.

He was awful for us.

Not saying he is a bad player, as he's obviously done well elsewhere.

Judging on what I saw when he played for us though he was a truly dreadful defender.

I'm not even judging that compared to other Derby players, his performances would have been dreadful at any level of professional football.

Wouldn't stop me giving him a decent reception because it was not down to a lack of effort or anything, he just never settled here.

10 hours ago, StringerBell said:

I'm going to whip out my "all bent toes huh?" comment for old times sake.

I gave you a like, didn’t want the thought of you missing out. 😋