Sign in to follow this  
StapenhillRam

Albentosa to Bolton

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Always felt he was a shining example of how not to do things as a club, and as was shown when he went back to Spain, he's nowhere near as bad as he played in a Derby shirt.

6”4, slow, head and kick it centre-half in a side wanting to keep a high-line and play from the back… 

The only thing I will say in defence of that deal is that he was almost too cheap to turn down, which is why we doubled our money, I suppose.

53 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

The Clement/Pearson period was like one of those delirious nightmares you have when you've got a fever, and wake up in a cold sweat, thinking 'Was that real or did I dream it?'

The Clement one was watching an efficient winning team turn to utter rubbish overnight, only fir Dazwaz and 'arry to revive the play off hopes. I've still not forgiven Ipswich for ending George Thorne.

The Pearson nightmare was taking the team that had fought back at Hull so well and decided "nope, rubbish, don't like that skill malarkey, kick n rush, the lesta way, hard running and more hard running, Jacob, your hard running and pace make you ideal for the wing in my 4-4-2" Just destroying everything that had made us charismatic and entertaining fof the three previous seasons with no sign of even a rowetty level dismal wins.

sorry, yeah, two separate nightmares for me, each pretty awful.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I've still not forgiven Ipswich for ending George Thorne

Neither have we,I always thought it was a horrible challenge that finished him despite all the denials.

I wasn’t at the game but my brother was and I remember him ringing me in a combination of anger and tears telling me that Thorne’s career was over...horrible.

Edited by coneheadjohn

4 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Neither have we,I always thought it was a horrible challenge that finished him despite all the denials.

I wasn’t at the game but my brother was and I remember him ringing me in a combination of anger and tears telling me that Thorne’s career was over...horrible.

I was down that match, I remember feeling physically sick.

He made 8 appearances for us. So we probably haven't seen enough to form an accurate opinion on his ability. The vast majority of players are capable of playing awful-average in their first 8 games at a new club. Or any batch of eight games, for that matter.

He was supposedly great for Eibar before us, and good for Malaga after us. Assume he was down the pecking order at Deportivo. 

That being said, I don't think his quality or lack there-of, whatever it may be, will be of any help to Bolton. They're in a right state at the moment and I fully expect them to be relegated. He'll probably do well in League One.

Just now, Alpha said:

I thought Mac signed him? 

Can't even remember much of him at all.

Correct, he was signed during the original Chris Evans era in Jan 2015.

Made his debut in the cup v Chesterfield as part of a back 3 with Keogh & Bucko (replaced at half time).

Played a few games during the 2014-15 end of season "collapse" (Bucko got injured) and left during the summer of 2015.

Raul is a top guy,came at a difficult time and the whole thing was a nightmare.

I think he had serious issues settling his family,should be ok in Bolton though as it’s a lovely place🤪.

38 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

He made 8 appearances for us. So we probably haven't seen enough to form an accurate opinion on his ability. The vast majority of players are capable of playing awful-average in their first 8 games at a new club. Or any batch of eight games, for that matter.

That’s 8 more games than most Derby fans make up their minds about a player!

4 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Is he a free agent?

I'm sure i saw something about him agreeing to end his contract early wherever he was, but couldnt find anything about it that wasnt in Spanish. (Google translate didnt really work) Either way he doesnt have a club at the moment.

1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

Raul is a top guy,came at a difficult time and the whole thing was a nightmare.

I think he had serious issues settling his family,should be ok in Bolton though as it’s a lovely place🤪.

No it's not☺ it's Bolton

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

Made his debut in the cup v Chesterfield as part of a back 3 with Keogh & Bucko (replaced at half time).

It was a strange half, that experiment didn't last long!

Keogh on the right of the 3 being caused all sorts of problems in the air by their 6 foot 4 striker Armand Gnanduillet while our new 6 foot 4 defender watched on from the middle, Christie absent further up the pitch as they got in behind us down our right on numerous occasions.

Edited by Coconut

He's going to join bolton just in time to play an absolute stormer against Leeds and take out a couple of their forwards for a few games, thus opening the door for his beloved Rams.........

....and we'll all be waving scaves, flanges and insoles in Rauls honor at our next home match

😄😄