Valentine's Day 2019

AmericanRam

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't celebrate Valentine's day for 2 reasons. 1- it's a big money making scam! The cone love is spread throughout the year, not just on one day. 2-its @coneheadjohn's birthday......bring on the steak n gin!!!

Although a couple of years ago we decided to make cards for each other and I received a card fashioned out of a crunchy nut cornflakes box with some red paper knickers stuck on the front with gaffa tape and a message in felt tip! I was impressed xx

1 hour ago, Mrs Cone said:

Although a couple of years ago we decided to make cards for each other and I received a card fashioned out of a crunchy nut cornflakes box with some red paper knickers stuck on the front with gaffa tape and a message in felt tip! I was impressed xx

You old romantic, @coneheadjohn?

On 13/02/2019 at 07:42, Mrs Cone said:

We don't celebrate Valentine's day for 2 reasons. 1- it's a big money making scam! The cone love is spread throughout the year, not just on one day. 2-its @coneheadjohn's birthday......bring on the steak n gin!!!

Atta boy...

Mind I did read ‘felt tip’ wrong first time.. 

I've been caught out as Mrs Hants has reappeared back from the Ice Cream expo with a massive hangover and lurid tales of middle aged men in kilts.......

I've had to do an emergency shop and landed a cut-price bunch of red roses (£10 for a dozen) from the local co-op ?

They say romance isn't dead, but its a bit of a twitching near-corpse chez Hants this evening ?

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

So, when exactly is Valentine's Day?

14th Feb - It is one day a year, that as it approaches, the wife/girlfriend will say "Let's not bother this year, it is a waste of money"

When you don't bother - Valentines day becomes the other 364 days of the year where you never hear the last of it.

14 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

14th Feb - It is one day a year, that as it approaches, the wife/girlfriend will say "Let's not bother this year, it is a waste of money"

When you don't bother - Valentines day becomes the other 364 days of the year where you never hear the last of it.

My eldest daughter [soon to be married to him] told her boyfriend "lets just do cards this year"

Daft lad did exactly that and all he got was grief last night in spite of cooking dinner.

4 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

My eldest daughter [soon to be married to him] told her boyfriend "lets just do cards this year"

Daft lad did exactly that and all he got was grief last night in spite of cooking dinner.

Unfortunately at their young age, they just don't realise the complex nature of a women's mind.

He will learn

4 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I've been ill for three weeks (more or less ok now, flu followed by bronchitis) but still got a face like a wet weekend last night when I didn't give the missus a card or present ?

I feel for you there. 

I did turn up with a couple of gifts for my wife last night.

Like you I currently have a stinking head cold (nothing like yours) Still I had to do the washing up, feed the dog, get the dog food out of the freezer in the garage, walk the dog .....................

She had this cold last week and didn't get out of bed all weekend. (who is the mug?)

Archived