Steve Bloomers Watching

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they reworked the verses then I think Steve Bloomers Watching would be a very good song. The chorus is good but if you listen to the song as a whole the verse always came across a bit rubbish (and over produced to hide it). Probably just needs the chorus slowing down a bit.

Also what happened to Since I Was Young? Thought it was one of the better chants we had in recent years

On 09/02/2019 at 11:29, Turk Thrust said:

Even worse than West Ham's buttock clenching "I'm forever blowing bubbles"

We used to sing that back in the day....

I'm forever throwing bottles

Pretty bottles in the air

They fly so high, they reach the sky,

Then they hit some .... in the eye,

Tottenham's always running,

Chelsea, West Ham too...

Derby's always running, a running after you!!!

Derby clap clap clap, Derby clap clap clap

Beautiful stuff ❤️

7 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

We used to sing that back in the day....

I'm forever throwing bottles

Pretty bottles in the air

They fly so high, they reach the sky,

Then they hit some .... in the eye,

Tottenham's always running,

Chelsea, West Ham too...

Derby's always running, a running after you!!!

Derby clap clap clap, Derby clap clap clap

Beautiful stuff ❤️

Beautiful indeed.

As was the #Chim-Chiminee, Chim-Chimine, Chim-Chim-Cheroo, we 'ate the bas**rds in claret and blue!

Happy days!

4 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Beautiful indeed.

As was the #Chim-Chiminee, Chim-Chimine, Chim-Chim-Cheroo, we 'ate the bas**rds in claret and blue!

Happy days!

Just remembered... there was another verse...

#"If they come 'ere, they'll know what they'll get... a fu**in' great axe in the back of their neck"!

Sheer poetry!

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

when did this start as a 'thing'?  Through our glory years I can't recall it and to me it has no emotional link to DCFC.

To be honest, I think what potentially happened was that once Lionel Pickering sold the club we became a run of the mill ‘modern’ club with a fancy new stadium and owners who had no connection to the city. Steve Bloomers Watching in that time came the only bit if heritage that bridged the old with the new. So it continued to blast out of the speakers, be sung at away grounds and came part of Derby County.

So that’s why I think it became a thing, is that in that noughties era there wasn’t much else that linked that ‘modern’ club with its past. 

I mean if we did get rid of it... what do we replace it with? Do we bounce? or shall we chant since I was young and get that over the speakers too? 

There does need to be more done for the atmosphere at PP I'm not sure that changing this would be the answer... I just think we need to win more games and reduce the prices for the smaller games vs Hull for example.

Prime example last year we reduced the price to £10 for the Cardiff game and the stadium was near enough full and the atmosphere was electric, we talk about Snowgate etc but we wouldn't have had that atmosphere without playing well and attracting more fans away from Sky to come to the game. 

I genuinely think if they started charging £10-£20 for all of the home midweek games we could improve the atmosphere, its too easy for fans to just watch it at home or the pub now... clubs have got to be more competitive to encourage fans to get back into the stands. 

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Just remembered... there was another verse...

#"If they come 'ere, they'll know what they'll get... a fu**in' great axe in the back of their neck"!

Sheer poetry!

Well it's not quite up there with Keats or Shelley but it gets its point across..........

7 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Well it's not quite up there with Keats or Shelley but it gets its point across..........

I've heard of 'em, but I'm not familiar with their works, if I'm honest... Have they ever rhymed "get" and "neck"?  I seriously doubt it!  Amateurs!  

I like SBW, it's the track itself that isn't well suited to 25,000+ fans trying to clap and sing along. 

When it gets going at away matches it sounds good and feels like ours.

I'd only change it for the Dambusters or The Derby Ram but think it'd be a shame... update it maybe and throw some other club legends in? 

I love The Derby Ram, the more original grim version especially, but it would be WOEFUL as a pre-game club anthem. It's hard to imagine a song that would sound worse being sung out of time by 25,000 people.

Archived