Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Van Cone De Head

Steve Bloomers Watching

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

Like us with Steve Bloomer’s watching 🙃

I think most of us know the words to be fair (to the main chorus, at least).

It's the fe**in' tempo we can't seem to get to grips with!

 

 

 

........... erm          .....DERBY! 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Course there is.....

Steve Bloomer's watching,

Na na...something.....

...la la la heroes.....

In the black and the white

 

 

See?? There it is! 😄

Lyrics for Steve Bloomer's Watching by Robert Lindsay and the Pride Park Posse

Our history's full of legends and football played on high. Raich Carter, Peter Doherty, you should've seen 'em fly. Now we all just love football, but will we lift the crown.

The noise goes up, the Rams comes out, onto the hallowed ground.

Steve Bloomer's watchin', helping the fight.

Guiding our heroes in the black and the white.

All teams who come here, there's nowhere to hide.

Everyone is frightened of that Derby pride.

The Rams just play football that make our hearts so proud.

Mc Farland and Hector, were names to thrill the crowd.

And if you love or hate us just wait until we score.

The ball goes in, the stands light up and howl the might roar.

Steve Bloomer's watchin', helping the fight.

Guiding our heroes in the black and the white.

All teams who come here, there's nowhere to hide.

Everyone is frightened of that Derby pride.

Steve Bloomer's watchin', helping the fight.

Guiding our heroes in the black and the white.

All teams who come here, there's nowhere to hide.

Everyone is frightened of that Derby pride.

The Rams are a coming. We're out there to win.

Playing like fury, they won't let them in

. Home sides be wary of our heart and our soul.

We're searching for glory and victory is our goal.

Steve Bloomer's watchin', helping the fight.

Guiding our heroes in the black and the white.

All teams who come here, there's nowhere to hide.

Everyone is frightened of that Derby pride.

DERBY

Now, that's not difficult, is it?

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Lyrics for Steve Bloomer's Watching by Robert Lindsay and the Pride Park Posse

Our history's full of legends and football played on high. Raich Carter, Peter Doherty, you should've seen 'em fly. Now we all just love football, but will we lift the crown.

The noise goes up, the Rams comes out, onto the hallowed ground.

Steve Bloomer's watchin', helping the fight.

Guiding our heroes in the black and the white.

All teams who come here, there's nowhere to hide.

Everyone is frightened of that Derby pride.

The Rams just play football that make our hearts so proud.

Mc Farland and Hector, were names to thrill the crowd.

And if you love or hate us just wait until we score.

The ball goes in, the stands light up and howl the might roar.

Steve Bloomer's watchin', helping the fight.

Guiding our heroes in the black and the white.

All teams who come here, there's nowhere to hide.

Everyone is frightened of that Derby pride.

Steve Bloomer's watchin', helping the fight.

Guiding our heroes in the black and the white.

All teams who come here, there's nowhere to hide.

Everyone is frightened of that Derby pride.

The Rams are a coming. We're out there to win.

Playing like fury, they won't let them in

. Home sides be wary of our heart and our soul.

We're searching for glory and victory is our goal.

Steve Bloomer's watchin', helping the fight.

Guiding our heroes in the black and the white.

All teams who come here, there's nowhere to hide.

Everyone is frightened of that Derby pride.

DERBY

Now, that's not difficult, is it?

I cringe when I hear it. Such a badly scanning dirge, we need better it just doesn't inspire.

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

After reading those lyrics back a couple of times the most apparent thing is that we need a new anthem

It's awful. It's the worst thing about the match day experience including going to the toilet at half time.

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

It's awful. It's the worst thing about the match day experience including going to the toilet at half time.

It is truly toe curlingly cringeworthy

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Lyrics for Steve Bloomer's Watching by Robert Lindsay and the Pride Park Posse

Our history's full of legends and football played on high. Raich Carter, Peter Doherty, you should've seen 'em fly. Now we all just love football, but will we lift the crown.

The noise goes up, the Rams comes out, onto the hallowed ground.

<snip>

Now, that's not difficult, is it?

Sung in faux Mockney accent if you want to be in tune with Robert Lindsay.

I despise it, for a club supposedly built on local tradition, a founding member of the Football League and one of the best attended clubs (as percentage of population) I am amazed the best we can do is a stolen Aussie rules song chirped out by some bloke who was famous in the 70s.

Is this really the best we can offer? And why have we done it? I can't think of one other club in football that comes out to their own 'anthem'. It's ridiculous.

Edited by BaaLocks

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Even worse than West Ham's buttock clenching "I'm forever blowing bubbles"

I quite like it. We should adopt it ourselves.

"Then, like my dreams, they fade and die"

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

Sung in faux Mockney accent if you want to be in tune with Robert Lindsay.

I despise it, for a club supposedly built on local tradition, a founding member of the Football League and one of the best attended clubs (as percentage of population) I am amazed the best we can do is a stolen Aussie rules song chirped out by some bloke who was famous in the 70s.

Is this really the best we can offer? And why have we done it? I can't think of one other club in football that comes out to their own 'anthem'. It's ridiculous.

Norwich..... On the ball cIty

Chelsea .....blue is the colour

Arsenal....good old Arsenal 

Tottenham Hotspur..... Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur.

Man Utd........ Glory Glory Man Utd

 

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Norwich..... On the ball cIty

Chelsea .....blue is the colour

Arsenal....good old Arsenal 

Tottenham Hotspur..... Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur.

Man Utd........ Glory Glory Man Utd

 

Not quite what I meant, glory glory is a chant used by many teams, all but the Norwich one was written as seventies singles to celebrate Cup finals.

It's celebrates nothing more than the fact a couple of fans could afford to hire a recording studio and as for tradition, well there's more history and tradition in a bowl of Wagamama noodles.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.