Name a venomous snake after your ex for $1

David

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, David said:

I think you have a lack of understanding of what click bait is.

content whose main purpose is to attract attention and encourage visitors to click on a link to a particular web page.

Therefore, by definition, every subject on any given forum, can be deemed as clickbait, as the title is there to get people to click on it and view/read the contents...

5 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

content whose main purpose is to attract attention and encourage visitors to click on a link to a particular web page.

Therefore, by definition, every subject on any given forum, can be deemed as clickbait, as the title is there to get people to click on it and view/read the contents...

Definition of clickbait

: something (such as a headline) designed to make readers want to click on a hyperlink especially when the link leads to content of dubious value or interest

Dictionaries > Google. 

The method with and context in which we use many English words is determined by the "especially when..." clarifications in their definitions.

That being said, you are technically correct. AND I would say that this link is of dubious interest ? but it's clear what it's going to be about before you click on it, so I don't think the term clickbait is accurate.

4 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Click bait is to encourage visitors to click through using teasing or misleading headlines/links.

Therefore this is not click bait. 

And no, all links by definition are not click bait, a bottle of Milk says Milk on the front because that’s what it contains.

2 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

That does exist, also the ones that are factually true.  Unfortunatly the misleading ones are more prevelant.

Yes you can have factually true click bait such as “Is Andy King cup tied, we have the answer...”

On clicking you will get the answer, but you’ve been baited in.

Again this topic is not an example of that. 

I must say I was pleasantly surprised that your post wasn’t the usual “can’t really answer without getting political” response which I expected when notified. 

6 minutes ago, David said:

I must say I was pleasantly surprised that your post wasn’t the usual “can’t really answer without getting political” response which I expected when notified. 

Think I have used that once.  Nice to see you try and make it about the way I 'may' post.  Going down the veiled personal attack route?

13 minutes ago, David said:

I think it may been more than once ? 

Well I have just searched 'political'  went back as far as August, as that was when the new guidelines came in, and I have used it once since 14 August 2017, and found that is as far back as I can go back.

Politics - 0

Government - 2 (refering to drones and car safety)

Labour - 0

Tories - 0

Therefore your facts are completly wrong, you either have confused me with another poster, or you are making it up.

4 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Well I have just searched 'political'  went back as far as August, as that was when the new guidelines came in, and I have used it once since 14 August 2017, and found that is as far back as I can go back.

Politics - 0

Labour - 0

Tories - 0

Therefore your facts are completly wrong, you either have confused me with another poster, or you are making it up.

30 seconds, found 2.

Screenshot 2019-02-11 at 11.52.37.png

Screenshot 2019-02-11 at 11.52.52.png

6 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

So in the 400 posts since the first use, you find 2....must mean I am a habitual user.  Weak.

I'm busy trying to fix a bug with the forum, as I said I remember it being used more than once, you claimed this was false and I was being personal. I found then two which is more than once and trying to return to fix this issue. 

3 hours ago, McRamFan said:

Politics - 0

Labour - 0

Tories - 0

You even admitted to 2 in this ^^^^^^^^ When I went to school, 2 was more than 1.

Got you didn't he

Archived