Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
David

Name a venomous snake after your ex for $1

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, David said:

I think you have a lack of understanding of what click bait is.

content whose main purpose is to attract attention and encourage visitors to click on a link to a particular web page.

Therefore, by definition, every subject on any given forum, can be deemed as clickbait, as the title is there to get people to click on it and view/read the contents...

 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

content whose main purpose is to attract attention and encourage visitors to click on a link to a particular web page.

Therefore, by definition, every subject on any given forum, can be deemed as clickbait, as the title is there to get people to click on it and view/read the contents...

 

Definition of clickbait

: something (such as a headline) designed to make readers want to click on a hyperlink especially when the link leads to content of dubious value or interest

 

Dictionaries > Google. 

The method with and context in which we use many English words is determined by the "especially when..." clarifications in their definitions.

 

That being said, you are technically correct. AND I would say that this link is of dubious interest 😄 but it's clear what it's going to be about before you click on it, so I don't think the term clickbait is accurate.

Edited by SaintRam

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

content whose main purpose is to attract attention and encourage visitors to click on a link to a particular web page.

Therefore, by definition, every subject on any given forum, can be deemed as clickbait, as the title is there to get people to click on it and view/read the contents...

 

Click bait is to encourage visitors to click through using teasing or misleading headlines/links.

Therefore this is not click bait. 

And no, all links by definition are not click bait, a bottle of Milk says Milk on the front because that’s what it contains.

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, David said:

Click bait is to encourage visitors to click through using teasing or misleading headlines/links.

That does exist, also the ones that are factually true.  Unfortunatly the misleading ones are more prevelant.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

That does exist, also the ones that are factually true.  Unfortunatly the misleading ones are more prevelant.

Yes you can have factually true click bait such as “Is Andy King cup tied, we have the answer...”

On clicking you will get the answer, but you’ve been baited in.

Again this topic is not an example of that. 

I must say I was pleasantly surprised that your post wasn’t the usual “can’t really answer without getting political” response which I expected when notified. 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, David said:

I must say I was pleasantly surprised that your post wasn’t the usual “can’t really answer without getting political” response which I expected when notified. 

Think I have used that once.  Nice to see you try and make it about the way I 'may' post.  Going down the veiled personal attack route?

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Think I have used that once.  Nice to see you try and make it about the way I 'may' post.  Going down the veiled personal attack route?

I think it may been more than once 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, David said:

I think it may been more than once 😉 

Well I have just searched 'political'  went back as far as August, as that was when the new guidelines came in, and I have used it once since 14 August 2017, and found that is as far back as I can go back.

Politics - 0

Government - 2 (refering to drones and car safety)

Labour - 0

Tories - 0

Therefore your facts are completly wrong, you either have confused me with another poster, or you are making it up.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Well I have just searched 'political'  went back as far as August, as that was when the new guidelines came in, and I have used it once since 14 August 2017, and found that is as far back as I can go back.

Politics - 0

Government - 2 (refering to drones and car safety)

Labour - 0

Tories - 0

Therefore your facts are completly wrong, you either have confused me with another poster, or you are making it up.

30 seconds, found 2.

Screenshot 2019-02-11 at 11.52.37.png

Screenshot 2019-02-11 at 11.52.52.png

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

So in the 400 posts since the first use, you find 2....must mean I am a habitual user.  Weak.

I'm busy trying to fix a bug with the forum, as I said I remember it being used more than once, you claimed this was false and I was being personal. I found then two which is more than once and trying to return to fix this issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, McRamFan said:

Well I have just searched 'political'  went back as far as August, as that was when the new guidelines came in, and I have used it once since 14 August 2017, and found that is as far back as I can go back.

Politics - 0

Government - 2 (refering to drones and car safety)

Labour - 0

Tories - 0

Therefore your facts are completly wrong, you either have confused me with another poster, or you are making it up.

You even admitted to 2 in this ^^^^^^^^ When I went to school, 2 was more than 1.

Got you didn't he

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.