Ipswich Town vs Derby County Match Thread

RadioactiveWaste

Need a win tonight, Boro are away at Sheff U and Bristol snatched it again. If we win tonight we can really start to put pressure on the teams around us and we will still have a game in hand left.

Birmingham lost and Forest and Hull drew, We can put 7 points between us and 8th and have a game in hand on them. Come on Derby massive 3 points!

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Need a win tonight, Boro are away at Sheff U and Bristol snatched it again. If we win tonight we can really start to put pressure on the teams around us and we will still have a game in hand left.

Birmingham lost and Forest and Hull drew, We can put 7 points between us and 8th and have a game in hand on them. Come on Derby massive 3 points!

If Villa or Swansea win it'll be 6 points - but other than that I agree.

It won't be the end of the world, or the season, if something disastrous happens tonight; but avoiding drawing Villa, Swansea, Brum and Forest back into the fight for top 6 would do much to help our cause.

Also, 7 points behind 1st with 15 games to go really gives us something to shoot for, regardless of whether or not its achievable. 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

If Villa or Swansea win it'll be 6 points - but other than that I agree.

It won't be the end of the world, or the season, if something disastrous happens tonight; but avoiding drawing Villa, Swansea, Brum and Forest back into the fight for top 6 would do much to help our cause.

Also, 7 points behind 1st with 15 games to go really gives us something to shoot for, regardless of whether or not its achievable. 

Won’t we have a game in hand aswell on Leeds and Norwich?

10 hours ago, DesertRam said:

We're going to have to win 4-0 now to go above Brissle!

We can eject Boro from the top 6 thou.

3-0 would send us top on goals scored. Or 4-1, or 5-2.

I'd settle for 4-0, though.

We only eject Boro if they don't beat Sheff Utd... and if they DO beat Sheff Utd, 2 points would separate 3rd to 7th.

Come on Swansea and Preston, too!

26 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

We need to win tonight. We should win tonight. For some reason I have a horrible feeling we wont win tonight.

Ipswich are bottom of the league, just been thrashed by their rivals (who we beat) and they've just lost their only real goal threat to a career ending injury. Their morale must be shot. We're taking on fire Wilson and Waghorn down there off the back of 3 consecutive clean sheets.

This has got 0-0 written all over it.

58 minutes ago, Topram said:

Won’t we have a game in hand aswell on Leeds and Norwich?

We will have a game in hand on Sheff Utd, Leeds and Norwich above us. And the majority of nearby teams below us. Along with WBA, Boro and Bristol City.

I actually mispoke in my post though, forgetting Norwich and Leeds play tonight - so we'd need them to lose and Leeds draw or lose to be within 7 points after (hopefully) a win tonight. 

In a worst case we'd be 13 points off, and gaining a point on Norwich a game seems unlikely - so we'd really be wanting to avoid that outcome.

11 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Can't anyone criticize a player without them being labelled as a scapegoat? I'm just posing the question.

Depends who is doing the criticising, really.

Positive vibes for tonight, no reason at all why we can't beat the tractor boys.The lads know we our in contention for an automatic promotion if we can put a run together.If we perform to our abilities ,considering their hard game against Norwich with a day's less preparation for tonight.A win should be out objective and nothing less.Waggy  should be going back to haunt them and Hudds should pick up from where he left off against Hull.

COyR, I've got a oner on you boys just to make it a bit more exciting .

Lampard has the right attitude, calling tonight a tough game and not looking at their position in the table, hope that's been drilled into the players this past week, not to roll up and think this is an easy win because it's not.

Derby "should" win this, without a doubt and I'm sure most Ipswich fans would say the same, but we have no right to win it. 

Have to say I'm glad it's an away game as our support is far better on the road, not so quick with the moans and groans if we're not 2 or 3 up after 30 minutes, you know this would happen at PP and pile more pressure on the players.

I'm going to use the expectation word now, because there is an expectation that we roll teams like these, not like we haven't spent 10 years in the Championship and should know it doesn't work like that. Winning away at the Hawthorns and Carrow Road then losing at Portman Road would sum this league up perfectly, not just Derby.

Losing tonight wouldn't be the end of the season either, we still have a game in hand over Forest and Birmingham in 9th and 10th, a win though would keep us right in there and we need to start working on the goal difference. You look at the likes of West Brom who have +22, a win tonight would see us a point behind them but currently on +7, that's huge, we've conceded a similar amount but they've actually scored 20 goals more than us! Come May this could hurt us, need to get that net bulging more.

31 minutes ago, David said:

Lampard has the right attitude, calling tonight a tough game and not looking at their position in the table, hope that's been drilled into the players this past week, not to roll up and think this is an easy win because it's not.

Derby "should" win this, without a doubt and I'm sure most Ipswich fans would say the same, but we have no right to win it. 

Have to say I'm glad it's an away game as our support is far better on the road, not so quick with the moans and groans if we're not 2 or 3 up after 30 minutes, you know this would happen at PP and pile more pressure on the players.

I'm going to use the expectation word now, because there is an expectation that we roll teams like these, not like we haven't spent 10 years in the Championship and should know it doesn't work like that. Winning away at the Hawthorns and Carrow Road then losing at Portman Road would sum this league up perfectly, not just Derby.

Losing tonight wouldn't be the end of the season either, we still have a game in hand over Forest and Birmingham in 9th and 10th, a win though would keep us right in there and we need to start working on the goal difference. You look at the likes of West Brom who have +22, a win tonight would see us a point behind them but currently on +7, that's huge, we've conceded a similar amount but they've actually scored 20 goals more than us! Come May this could hurt us, need to get that net bulging more.

We've a great shot at finishing 2nd at the moment if we can put a run together.That would automatically improve our GD ,Think we could take 2nd on points though starting tonight. Ipswich won't be a walk in the park but we our 7th and they are bottom for a reason. The lads just need to perform well and keep playing as they did sat.No ones walking away with this league however I think Norwich are going to a tough act to catch,but Leeds,Sheffield Utd ,Brom,Middles,Bristol, looking at their fixtures are within our grasp to go ahead of them on points.

A win tonight irrespective of other results keeps us in the frame and Ipswich /  Wigan (game in hand) should be a six point banker.

23 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Does the budget Alan Partridge still commentate on the RamsTV games?

Yes.

Occasionally someone else, who's better. 

I actually think of the 3 commentators we have, OB, who commentates on most youth games, is the best. He actually commentates like its on TV rather than radio, isn't full of Partridge-isms, and knows something about Derby before this season.

Archived