Jump to content
RadioactiveWaste

Ipswich Town vs Derby County Match Thread

Recommended Posts

Bit of a gamble but Brighton got wupped by Burnley and only have 1 win in 11.

I reckon they will be focussed on the league and will play a bunch of 2nd stringers on Saturday. 

Therefore Frank in my view should go strong at Ipswich and make changes for the cup - and still be in with a decent shout at the Amex 👍

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, DenmarkRam said:

I go to UK about once or twice a year to see DCFC. I havn't lost a live game since the days of Phil Brown. This year its Ipswich and Brighton. Last season it was Hull at home (5-0). .... Attack.... 🙂

 

If you can stay over until May I’ll let you have my spare room

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, DenmarkRam said:

I go to UK about once or twice a year to see DCFC. I havn't lost a live game since the days of Phil Brown. This year its Ipswich and Brighton. Last season it was Hull at home (5-0). .... Attack.... 🙂

 

If you can stay over until May, I'll let you share my room! 

Share this post


Link to post

One thing that is bothering me is we play Wednesday night at Ipswich and then again midday at Brighton. Not much rest for the players nor fans. Brighton get a whole week off while were travelling all over. Newcastle have 12 days off. The Premier League is a joke 

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Edtheram said:

Agreed!

1000 on a Wednesday night to Ipswich (on SKY too)

Already sold out the first allocation of 1700 to Brighton on Saturday for a Midday kick off (with traffic problems and trains) and its on BT too.

Great support, Hopefully the fans can give the lads an extra boost!

Just recently I think our support has been electric. The atmosphere and noise vs. Hull on Saturday was absolutely brilliant and selling tickets in these numbers for places which are hours away in car or a fraught journey by train just goes to show what top fans and support the Rams have.

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

One thing that is bothering me is we play Wednesday night at Ipswich and then again midday at Brighton. Not much rest for the players nor fans. Brighton get a whole week off while were travelling all over. Newcastle have 12 days off. The Premier League is a joke 

Well Ipswich got one less day of rest as they played Sunday. Swings and roundabouts. 

Share this post


Link to post

Ipswich are ducking dire, one of the worst teams to play in the Division for a long time. Classic derby will be to not beat them and then beat Brighton, which is entirely what I’m expecting to happen... 

No need to change much for me, just go out and play proper football like we did against hull and we’ll be fine, Ipswich shouldn’t pose any discernible threat, it’ll be ourselves that kills us if we don’t get the win. 

Roos

Bogle Keogh Tomori Malone

Huddlestone

Bryson Holmes

Wilson Waghorn Bennett

Similar to hull really their main threat is likely to come from long balls and down the wing, need our full backs to put in a good performance and stop crosses for once in their lives, hopefully Tomori and Keogh can win a few more aerial battles than usual as well as I suspect they’ll be a few hoofs upfront with lambert in charge. We just need to patient in our own attacking, even more so than the other day as Ipswich will likely sit way back. Just need to pass it around and tire them out to try and properly work an opening, don’t got hoofing it to Waghorn cause that’ll play right to their hands.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Ipswich are ducking dire, one of the worst teams to play in the Division for a long time.

If we lose on Wednesday that right there will be up in lights on the Ipswich forum. 

Any Tractor boys or girls reading we don't know who this is ^^, absolutely nothing to do with us, just hangs around like one of those stray cats looking for a new owner. We haven't fed it, not even a whiff of a pouch of Whiskers and to be honest it's not that keen on the Derby team either so don't take it's personally.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Ipswich are ducking dire, one of the worst teams to play in the Division for a long time. Classic derby will be to not beat them and then beat Brighton, which is entirely what I’m expecting to happen... 

No need to change much for me, just go out and play proper football like we did against hull and we’ll be fine, Ipswich shouldn’t pose any discernible threat, it’ll be ourselves that kills us if we don’t get the win. 

Roos

Bogle Keogh Tomori Malone

Huddlestone

Bryson Holmes

Wilson Waghorn Bennett

Similar to hull really their main threat is likely to come from long balls and down the wing, need our full backs to put in a good performance and stop crosses for once in their lives, hopefully Tomori and Keogh can win a few more aerial battles than usual as well as I suspect they’ll be a few hoofs upfront with lambert in charge. We just need to patient in our own attacking, even more so than the other day as Ipswich will likely sit way back. Just need to pass it around and tire them out to try and properly work an opening, don’t got hoofing it to Waghorn cause that’ll play right to their hands.

Thought they played some neat football at times V Norwich, 3-0 flattered Norwich I thought but local derby can cancel out form in the heat of the moment. Mears out long term, feel for the lad. Do fancy us though for this. 

Edited by SKRam
Norwich for them

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, David said:

If we lose on Wednesday that right there will be up in lights on the Ipswich forum. 

Any Tractor boys or girls reading we don't know who this is ^^, absolutely nothing to do with us, just hangs around like one of those stray cats looking for a new owner. We haven't fed it, not even a whiff of a pouch of Whiskers and to be honest it's not that keen on the Derby team either so don't take it's personally.

To be fair most Ipswich Fans probably have him on their ignore list too.

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, David said:

If we lose on Wednesday that right there will be up in lights on the Ipswich forum. 

Any Tractor boys or girls reading we don't know who this is ^^, absolutely nothing to do with us, just hangs around like one of those stray cats looking for a new owner. We haven't fed it, not even a whiff of a pouch of Whiskers and to be honest it's not that keen on the Derby team either so don't take it's personally.

It’s true tho, I did say I entirely expect us to lose as is the derby way so they’d be taking my post out of context 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Millenniumram said:

It’s true tho, I did say I entirely expect us to lose as is the derby way so they’d be taking my post out of context 

Context means nothing when you're selective quoting on the internet

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.