Ipswich Town vs Derby County Match Thread

RadioactiveWaste

9 minutes ago, David said:

Top goalscorer with 6 and assist man 4, has now been ruled out for 9 months.

I thought that looked bad when it happened. Always feel sorry for any player who gets an ACL - such a short career anyway - and the recovery to full form is often a lot longer than the 9 months actually off the pitch.

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, David said:

Top goalscorer with 6 and assist man 4, has now been ruled out for 9 months.

Saw Freddie Sears make his full debut for West Ham against us in 2008 (that season). Was sitting with a lot of my east end West Ham mates and they were so excited to see him start a Premier League game, and had massive hopes for the lad. So I've always taken note of him. Very sorry to see this. An injury I've had and hate to see it happen to anyone else.

Carson 

Bogle Keogh Tomori Malone 

Hudds

King Holmes

Wilson Waghorn Josefzoon

bring King in for Bryson so Bryson can be fit for Saturday (king can’t play) otherwise same team, not sure why people want Malone out the side, Cole will probably start Saturday in the cup 

8 minutes ago, 'Rambe33 said:

cracking effort if that's the case! Considering Brighton away as well on Sat. 

Agreed!

1000 on a Wednesday night to Ipswich (on SKY too)

Already sold out the first allocation of 1700 to Brighton on Saturday for a Midday kick off (with traffic problems and trains) and its on BT too.

Great support, Hopefully the fans can give the lads an extra boost!

5 hours ago, DcfcJB said:

Tbf King has been brought in to play, I imagine he is best in Bryson's role, against bottom of the league is a good game to get him going in the championship... id also like to see Cole come in but I don't think he has been brought into play week in week out like King has.

He's played one full game this season - an F.A Cup tie over 5 weeks ago so can hardly be classed as match-fit, something he himself confirmed in an interview last week. He needs to be brought in steadily, not thrown into a match which is so important.

33 minutes ago, DenmarkRam said:

I go to UK about once or twice a year to see DCFC. I havn't lost a live game since the days of Phil Brown. This year its Ipswich and Brighton. Last season it was Hull at home (5-0). .... Attack.... ?

If you can stay over until May I’ll let you have my spare room

36 minutes ago, DenmarkRam said:

I go to UK about once or twice a year to see DCFC. I havn't lost a live game since the days of Phil Brown. This year its Ipswich and Brighton. Last season it was Hull at home (5-0). .... Attack.... ?

If you can stay over until May, I'll let you share my room! 

One thing that is bothering me is we play Wednesday night at Ipswich and then again midday at Brighton. Not much rest for the players nor fans. Brighton get a whole week off while were travelling all over. Newcastle have 12 days off. The Premier League is a joke 

17 hours ago, Edtheram said:

Agreed!

1000 on a Wednesday night to Ipswich (on SKY too)

Already sold out the first allocation of 1700 to Brighton on Saturday for a Midday kick off (with traffic problems and trains) and its on BT too.

Great support, Hopefully the fans can give the lads an extra boost!

Just recently I think our support has been electric. The atmosphere and noise vs. Hull on Saturday was absolutely brilliant and selling tickets in these numbers for places which are hours away in car or a fraught journey by train just goes to show what top fans and support the Rams have.

20 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

One thing that is bothering me is we play Wednesday night at Ipswich and then again midday at Brighton. Not much rest for the players nor fans. Brighton get a whole week off while were travelling all over. Newcastle have 12 days off. The Premier League is a joke 

Well Ipswich got one less day of rest as they played Sunday. Swings and roundabouts. 

Ipswich are ducking dire, one of the worst teams to play in the Division for a long time. Classic derby will be to not beat them and then beat Brighton, which is entirely what I’m expecting to happen... 

No need to change much for me, just go out and play proper football like we did against hull and we’ll be fine, Ipswich shouldn’t pose any discernible threat, it’ll be ourselves that kills us if we don’t get the win. 

Roos

Bogle Keogh Tomori Malone

Huddlestone

Bryson Holmes

Wilson Waghorn Bennett

Similar to hull really their main threat is likely to come from long balls and down the wing, need our full backs to put in a good performance and stop crosses for once in their lives, hopefully Tomori and Keogh can win a few more aerial battles than usual as well as I suspect they’ll be a few hoofs upfront with lambert in charge. We just need to patient in our own attacking, even more so than the other day as Ipswich will likely sit way back. Just need to pass it around and tire them out to try and properly work an opening, don’t got hoofing it to Waghorn cause that’ll play right to their hands.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Ipswich are ducking dire, one of the worst teams to play in the Division for a long time.

If we lose on Wednesday that right there will be up in lights on the Ipswich forum. 

Any Tractor boys or girls reading we don't know who this is ^^, absolutely nothing to do with us, just hangs around like one of those stray cats looking for a new owner. We haven't fed it, not even a whiff of a pouch of Whiskers and to be honest it's not that keen on the Derby team either so don't take it's personally.

Archived