Ipswich Town vs Derby County Match Thread

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/02/2019 at 01:13, rammieib said:

Can't keep playing with ten men by having Jozefzoon in the team. At least Bennett will give you an aerial out ball.

Despite thinking he's been poor since signing, i actually thought Jozefzoon did better on Saturday, apart from one or two quite blatant dives. 

19 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

He's played one full game this season - an F.A Cup tie over 5 weeks ago so can hardly be classed as match-fit, something he himself confirmed in an interview last week. He needs to be brought in steadily, not thrown into a match which is so important.

Like I said Ipswich Town away is the perfect match for him to come into. We need him hitting form for when we play Forest and Villa away. Ipswich on paper are the least competitive team we will play this season. Get him in to build his match fitness. 

Paul Lambert, I don't think, is not as defensively minded as his reputation suggests.

I understand he resorted to that at Villa but that was down to necessity at that time.

We need to be strong in the tackle and positive in possession and not play the counterattack game or it will be a 0-0 dullfest.

Stating the obvious but we really need to turn up, be on the front foot and put long periods of attacking pressure on them, no sitting back.

Archived