Sign in to follow this  
Chris Smedley

Fans leaving early

1 hour ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Cannot stand the sight of thousands of people streaming down the steps with five minutes to go. You pay for your ticket so you watch the game. If we're playing well or winning, the lads deserve to have their efforts acknowledged at the end.

Well they've paid for their ticket, so what if they want to leave a few minutes early? You don't like it, but it's not really harming you, I'm sure they can't stand being sat in huge amounts of traffic. 

1 hour ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Cannot stand the sight of thousands of people streaming down the steps with five minutes to go. You pay for your ticket so you watch the game. If we're playing well or winning, the lads deserve to have their efforts acknowledged at the end.

Agree. It starts at 75 mins.

How many villa fans had left last week at 3-0?

I know some people have reasons but that surely must be the minority. Its early evening Saturday, it can't be that important to get home to catch the second half of pointless celebrities.

I was in the concourse watching the screens, (It was a bit nippy out!) when from out of nowhere, this bloke came dashing down the steps... 3 steps at a time!  He nearly came a cropper as he just about managed to skid and slide his way through the rapid left/right/left to enter the gents.  I honestly thought he was having a heart attack or something!

Anyway, being the caring type, I thought I'd better follow him in, to check he was ok/still alive... It soon became (very!) apparent that he was indeed alive, but I  presume he just needed an emergency poo!

...I've never stayed down in the concourse since..the smell was dreadful!. 

40 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Agree. It starts at 75 mins.

How many villa fans had left last week at 3-0?

I know some people have reasons but that surely must be the minority. Its early evening Saturday, it can't be that important to get home to catch the second half of pointless celebrities.

Probably as many Villa fans left as Derby fans would have. Said it so many times before, I really don't think our fans are any better or worse than the majority of others. 

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

I must admit I leave early on around 85mins normally to skip the traffic amd jog to the car, I normally get home by 5 to 5. I normally sit in the south stand but yesterday sat in the North Stand due to my son being mascot, I stayed for the whole game and walked to the car, took me over a hour longer to get home - amazing what a difference 5-10mins makes to the traffic!

You pay your money and you take your choice but, is it really that bad getting home around 6 instead of 5 to 5?

I have no idea where you live but, if it normally only takes you 15 minutes to jog to your car and drive home (assuming you leave at about 4:40 and are home by (4:55) then I guess it's not far. I know getting away from PP isn't easy but, I never leave my seat before the final whistle, I walk swiftly (not jog) to my car and am hope in Tamworth by five past six. So, it could be worse.

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

I once had to go for an emergency poo early into a second half, and couldn't believe how many people were stood around watching the game in the concourse. 

You pay your money, you make your choice I guess.

53 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I was in the concourse watching the screens, (It was a bit nippy out!) when from out of nowhere, this bloke came dashing down the steps... 3 steps at a time!  He nearly came a cropper as he just about managed to skid and slide his way through the rapid left/right/left to enter the gents.  I honestly thought he was having a heart attack or something!

Anyway, being the caring type, I thought I'd better follow him in, to check he was ok/still alive... It soon became (very!) apparent that he was indeed alive, but I  presume he just needed an emergency poo!

...I've never stayed down in the concourse since..the smell was dreadful!. 

Sorry about that Mucker, I've never had a pre game railway Madras since.

Thanks for rolling the toilet paper under the door though, I'd still be there now if it wasn't for you.

You can't forcibly prevent people leaving early, but I'd be all for ensuring the screens in the concourses are off until after the final whistle. We're supporters. The team needs people getting behind them to the end and then a post-match bonding exercise between fans and players. Don't break that contract by leaving before full time.

27 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Sorry about that Mucker, I've never had a pre game railway Madras since.

Thanks for rolling the toilet paper under the door though, I'd still be there now if it wasn't for you.

That's real supporters is that.

Almost brought a tear to me (brown) eye 🤣

I clap the players off, stadium basically empties and then I walk back to Alvaston park area, by about 5-25 I'm at my car and on my way home to Bucks.. Generally get home about 7-15. .. I don't get how people who live in Derby or surrounding areas are so desperate to get home ? 

We park about 20 minutes' walk away from ground so the traffic doesn't bother us. By the time we get back to the car it is clearing. 

Each to their own, I  suppose, but it does annoy me when I can't see the football for people queuing down the aisles to get out while we're still playing, though.

I think all clubs' fans are the same. I'm a STH at West Ham and they start leaving with about 10 minutes to go. If the Irons are losing with about 10 minutes left then it's a mad rush. Why?  Most fans go to the tube (Central Line or Jubilee, or Docklands Light Railway) at Stratford station and they run about every 3 minutes. 

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

You pay your money and you take your choice but, is it really that bad getting home around 6 instead of 5 to 5?

I have no idea where you live but, if it normally only takes you 15 minutes to jog to your car and drive home (assuming you leave at about 4:40 and are home by (4:55) then I guess it's not far. I know getting away from PP isn't easy but, I never leave my seat before the final whistle, I walk swiftly (not jog) to my car and am hope in Tamworth by five past six. So, it could be worse.

For the sake of 5mins or so id rather not have to sit in traffic for an hour. Plus im with my young boy who I like to get home at a decent time for his tea etc and on a more personal level I have 2 other kids who I like to see for a couple of hours (more than enough 🤣) before I get them to bed!!

11 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Probably as many Villa fans left as Derby fans would have. Said it so many times before, I really don't think our fans are any better or worse than the majority of others. 

No agree totally that was my point. Many would have left and missed the best part of the game.