Fans leaving early

Chris Smedley

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ashamed to say we do this every game, on 87 minutes.

Would love to stay to the end but we have to get back to Kettering area which is around 1 hour and 10 minutes (I am sure many travel much further). If we stay to the end we spend just as long trying to travel the first 1 mile and that makes the difference between watching the second half of the 5-30pm game on Sky or not.

I do aim to be in the ground for 2pm to compensate!

The trick is to not attend in the first place ?

When I did attend though, we used to stay until the end. And we'd be some of the last out of the stadium just as an attempt to avoid walking through the concourse in the packed crowd. But it helps to be living in the centre of Derby. No delays are too bad then.

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

If derby could just sort out some allocated parking (a proper park and ride with plenty of spaces available nearby would be the answer) then the leaving early would virtually stop.

I don't leave early but end up sitting in a car park for an hour afterwards for my indulgence.

There's a huge park and ride at Brighton and their fans leave even earlier to beat the queue for the shuttle buses! 

1 minute ago, angieram said:

There's a huge park and ride at Brighton and their fans leave even earlier to beat the queue for the shuttle buses! 

It takes ages to get out of that, I think it was there where we took the shorter queue and hopped over once we got to the bridge...couldn’t be sure though so please don’t blame me if it doesn’t work ?

I don't leave a second early... but I do count down added time (in my head, I don't set the timer on my 'phone...I'm not a saddo!), and having an aisle seat, about half way up the upper tier (Row L) I try to take a leisurely stroll down the steps, reaching the bottom as the whistle goes!  It's actually quite amazing just how good I've got at this, after perfecting the move over a number of years now!

I'm probably the first fan to leave sight of the pitch after the whistle!  Sod hanging around to boo/applaud!  I need to get up those outer steps by Greggs, before the East Stand pensioners start to walk across my path, turning my life into a giant game of Frogger!

Maybe they should switch the TV's off and close the bars (!) after halftime then you wouldn't get so many staying in the concourse during the 2nd half. Anyway midweek games I either have to book the night off work using up my leave or exit on 87 minutes, then have  a mad 20 minute walk to the car park and a race to work to get to my night shift by 10:30pm  

Some of us have genuine reasons why we have to leave early, like going to work straight after a game. It's harsh to tar everyone with the same brush

Archived