Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CWC1983

England Rugby 2019

Recommended Posts

6 nations kicks off tonight in Paris. 

It looks like a pretty open championship this year with England, Wales and Ireland all in with a shout. 

Tomorrows game in Dublin should be a cracker. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

6 nations kicks off tonight in Paris. 

It looks like a pretty open championship this year with England, Wales and Ireland all in with a shout. 

Tomorrows game in Dublin should be a cracker. 

 

cant remember the last time england put up a decent performance in Dublin and last year at Twickenham was embarrassing.

The high spot of Jones coaching was the summer tour of australia in 2016 and we seem to have been going backwards ever since. The training camps are huge and large numbers of players come in and exit, but we seem to lack true stars or a settled XV.

 

Ah well, I'm sure I will be gloomily staring at another horror show tomorrow but at least the strong ales are on offer at Asda.....😄

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Curtains said:

England brilliant performance today against Ireland 

Won it with speed of tackling, so quick to close Ireland down.

Share this post


Link to post
On 01/02/2019 at 15:29, HantsRam said:

cant remember the last time england put up a decent performance in Dublin and last year at Twickenham was embarrassing.

The high spot of Jones coaching was the summer tour of australia in 2016 and we seem to have been going backwards ever since. The training camps are huge and large numbers of players come in and exit, but we seem to lack true stars or a settled XV.

 

Ah well, I'm sure I will be gloomily staring at another horror show tomorrow but at least the strong ales are on offer at Asda.....😄

Anyway you were saying 🤣😎🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, froggg said:

Anyway you were saying 🤣😎🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Unbelievable Jeff. Could have had even more if Farrell had nailed his kicks and the vunipola try been given. Hope itojes injury not too serious as he was immense. 

Share this post


Link to post

Well played England, got ahead and made Ireland play in their own half. 

It showed Ireland to be a bit 1 dimensional. Connor Murray kick and chase. Sexton struggled under the England pressure. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 03/02/2019 at 08:16, CWC1983 said:

Well played England, got ahead and made Ireland play in their own half. 

It showed Ireland to be a bit 1 dimensional. Connor Murray kick and chase. Sexton struggled under the England pressure. 

 

 

I think they’ve always been a team that’s focussed on excellent execution of their typical (only?) game plan.

Share this post


Link to post

Best performance by an England team for years IMO. Defensive line-speed was something to behold and the plan to get at the English front-5 was completely turned on its head. I knew we would win the moment O'Mahony lost his cool with Sinckler given it was Sinckler they primarily aimed to wind up. Johnny May who used to look like a turbo-charged bambi on ice is now so solid in defence and under the high ball and Henry Slade showed us the kind of virtuoso skills he's shown for so long at club level. Only downside is the long term injury to Maro who's done a knee. That said, with Launch and Courtney as replacements, we should not be unduly put out. 

Last word is to say how gracious the Irish were in defeat - not a word of an excuse. They'll be super pumped up against the Scots. who boast a talented backline, but a rather lightweight pack for what will be a bruising encounter. All in all, a great start to the 6N and an interesting year ahead with the RWC this autumn. Can't bloomin wait! 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Chris Ashton to start against France. 

 

12E098C2-EB8E-413E-883F-F6F0CA8FCDE1.jpeg

Didn't say Nowell was injured, so assume they reckon we will need Ashton's attacking flair more than Nowell's defensive qualities. He can only do that splash thing if we've got a bonus point win!!

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.