Sign in to follow this  
Poynton ram

Should we be worried?

The point no one seems to be making though is more about Abramovic.....does anyone actually say no to him?

Would Frank have a choice if he was offered the job, on the basis that if he turned Roman down, is that it forever?

”Don’t worry Frank, publicly humiliate me and make the Chelsea fans hate me, you can have the job when you are ready!l”

Franks going nowhere soon 1. He’s not daft and has years ahead of him and time on his side  AND 2. I’m sure Mel took a patent out on Frank Lampards Derby County, that means it cannot be changed until the end of his contract (patent) period, no drama.

4 minutes ago, R@M said:

The point no one seems to be making though is more about Abramovic.....does anyone actually say no to him?

Would Frank have a choice if he was offered the job, on the basis that if he turned Roman down, is that it forever?

”Don’t worry Frank, publicly humiliate me and make the Chelsea fans hate me, you can have the job when you are ready!l”

Just imagine for a minute, what if Chelsea’s all time pin up boy struggled at Chelsea, blamed upstairs interference, or lack of funds to compete with Man City.

How would Chelsea fans react, would it be Abramovich’s fault or Franks? I’m sure Roman has broad shoulders but...

7 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Just imagine for a minute, what if Chelsea’s all time pin up boy struggled at Chelsea, blamed upstairs interference, or lack of funds to compete with Man City.

How would Chelsea fans react, would it be Abramovich’s fault or Franks? I’m sure Roman has broad shoulders but...

Fair point, but by then I wouldn’t be bothered! And I’m not sure abramovic thinks that far ahead.

3 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Thirteen years as a player .  Won loads, record goal scorer.  Bit like Kevin Hector coming back here as manager .  If he had 25 games as manager and lost twenty he would still have the adoration of thousands .  If your a club legend a few bad results as a manager is easily offset against your previous achievement . 

Now your talking.

If he goes, he goes.  Assuming it is before the end of his contract we would be presumably be handsomely compensated and another manager would come in and take over, just like has been done a hundred times before.  I don’t think Lampard would be Chelsea’s next manager.  I think they’ll want him to hav more experience.  Nevertheless, there is little doubt that at some point he will be Chelsea’s manager.  

OK.  If he goes, we get a good bunce for him off Chelsea.  I reckon £5m compo.  We bring free-agent Rowett back.  That's as we were what, 9 months ago?  But £7m in profit!  Everybody's happy!  :-)

It would be a shame if it does happen but not much we could do if it does. He’d struggle to resist the opportunity and it would be poor of us to stop him. If it does happen I think it would be close season and who know we might even be in the prem by then!!

Even if we’re not, whoever comes in would have most of the decks cleared and a good opportunity to sensibly continue franks work adding the right players and continuing to give opportunities to our talented youth. However it would need to be the right appointment, as a minimum someone who plays the same style of football and can build on what Frank has done.