BurtonRam7

Birthday Present for Mum

56 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

@Parsnip has very kindly offered to make an oak bath caddy for her, which I think she'll like.

Wouldn’t be surprised if you end up with a burnt pine toothbrush holder from @Parsnip 🤣

7 minutes ago, David said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if you end up with a burnt pine toothbrush holder from @Parsnip 🤣

I actually use my blowtorch a lot - the rustic burned effect is really popular. 

You wouldn't like it though @David. I imagine your tastes are more white laminate, matching metallic shampoo and soap dispenser kind of thing.

What's the word I'm looking for? Soulless! Yeah that's it.

Soulless.

Just now, Parsnip said:

You wouldn't like it though @David. I imagine your tastes are more white laminate, matching metallic shampoo and soap dispenser kind of thing.

Soulless.

You say soulless I say Swedish

44 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Soulless.

Etch an apple onto it and he'll buy anything😁

5 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I think I've decided on what I'm going to do. @Parsnip has very kindly offered to make an oak bath caddy for her, which I think she'll like. 

The typical present that I get her for Mother's Day is flowers, although that may change based on some of the suggestions I've seen on this thread. I particularly like your idea, @Carl Sagan, so I may use that on 31 March.

She's also a huge fan of running. She does loads of 30+ mile off-road ultras but she also loves doing the London Marathon. She's always said that the one thing she wants to see us kids do before she dies is London, so I've decided to tell her that I'll be getting a charity place for next year's race. I think she'll be absolutely ecstatic (I won't be - I absolutely hate running). 

Thanks again for the suggestions guys. I really appreciate it. I'm sure it won't be long before I create a thread asking for charity donations!

With the amount of liquor you claim to consume, my tip to you would be 'start training now!'

Just now, Angry Ram said:

You’re a student, she won’t expect or want much..

A simple bunch of flowers, a big cuddle and your time.. watch a movie together and tell her how much she means to you..

The simple things are always the best..

@BurtonRam7 jobs a goodun..

You could copy and paste this into the Valentines Day thread, just don’t let her pick the movie.