Ticket/Transport/Other Requests

DarkFruitsRam7

Thought it might be a good idea to create a thread for any ticket/transport/etc related requests for games, both home and away. For example, if you were after a spare ticket or a lift to a game, you might ask in this thread.

To kick it off, if anyone is planning on travelling to the Ipswich game from anywhere near Manchester, or even Burton (I could potentially get the train home for it), I would be hugely grateful if they could offer me a spare seat in their car. As you know, I hate missing games but the cost of travelling by train to Ipswich is simply too much for me to be able to afford. I'd happily chip in for petrol/beer money.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be on holiday in Cornwall for the Play off final in May.

Just for a moment lets pretend we won't go up automatically, unlikely I know, I would be looking at travelling by train from Plymouth on the bank holiday Monday.

Any Cornish Rams out there to advise if thats the best option or car share etc?

(just trying to keep @BurtonRam7's thread going)

On 10/02/2019 at 16:36, BurtonRam7 said:

Thought it might be a good idea to create a thread for any ticket/transport/etc related requests for games, both home and away. For example, if you were after a spare ticket or a lift to a game, you might ask in this thread.

To kick it off, if anyone is planning on travelling to the Ipswich game from anywhere near Manchester, or even Burton (I could potentially get the train home for it), I would be hugely grateful if they could offer me a spare seat in their car. As you know, I hate missing games but the cost of travelling by train to Ipswich is simply too much for me to be able to afford. I'd happily chip in for petrol/beer money.

Am south of Mcr, near Stockport Burton. No longer a season ticket holder and probably struggle to qualify as even half a fan these days. Half and half scarves remain on my banned list so all is not lost. 

Lining up a game to take my girlfriend before season is out after eyeing up Wigan originally for Sat, since this is now FA Cup, and be staying over so not sure I’d be much use but I’ll keep an eye on posts etc. Any game I get to on my own I’ll travel by train so I can enjoy a few scoops, via Sheffield Tap of course for some decent ale, that might put you off too? Never too late to take up the proper stuff though? Just saying.... SSA

13 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Am south of Mcr, near Stockport Burton. No longer a season ticket holder and probably struggle to qualify as even half a fan these days. Half and half scarves remain on my banned list so all is not lost. 

Lining up a game to take my girlfriend before season is out after eyeing up Wigan originally for Sat, since this is now FA Cup, and be staying over so not sure I’d be much use but I’ll keep an eye on posts etc. Any game I get to on my own I’ll travel by train so I can enjoy a few scoops, via Sheffield Tap of course for some decent ale, that might put you off too? Never too late to take up the proper stuff though? Just saying.... SSA

I’d be up for that mate, thanks for the offer. It will depend on my budget but if you’re doing that then let me know. I usually go to Tutbury and Hatton via Stoke but an extended day on the piss sounds good.

3 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Last call for a lift from Burton or Manchester tomorrow!

Me and my mother are going. Welcome to join us in my car, but you'll need to get to Derby centre area. 

Can't pick up as don't finish work till 1420 and need to nip to ticket office re Brighton tickets, aiming to leave Derby by 1515 latest. 

If anyone notices, I'm a new member, first post. Been a lurker for a few months though. 

I do enjoy the forum. 

I've been stupid. Forgot that I have to be in Manchester on Thursday to sign a contract for next year's student house. If I went back to Burton after the game, I'd have to get the train up to Manchester on the Thursday and back down to Burton on Friday (for the Brighton game). That would be too expensive.

So the only option is a lift from Manchester. I'm stupid sometimes!

45 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I've been stupid. Forgot that I have to be in Manchester on Thursday to sign a contract for next year's student house. If I went back to Burton after the game, I'd have to get the train up to Manchester on the Thursday and back down to Burton on Friday (for the Brighton game). That would be too expensive.

So the only option is a lift from Manchester. I'm stupid sometimes!

It's all go for you students! Not enough time to fit the footy in!!

Archived