Best place the sit at PP

RiddingsRam

17 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Thinking of relocating South West upper, seems to be a popular spot.

Currently towards back of East Lower in line with the D, good view but the moaners behind me are doing the lads head in! 

The very reason I gave up my season ticket. Had all sorts of problems in the SE corner one year with a geezer who would not shut the F up. Not one to not say anything, we clashed all season. Almost came to blows on more than one occasion. In his defence it was one of the Clough years. 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

I have sat everywhere as I don’t have a season ticket. For me the best is the South West corner. 

15 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

It felt like it was gonna collapse the last time I sat up there. Might have something to do with me being a fat fooker or how many sherberts I'd had before the game but it seemed quite rickety up there.

13 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

The very reason I gave up my season ticket. Had all sorts of problems in the SE corner one year with a geezer who would not shut the F up. Not one to not say anything, we clashed all season. Almost came to blows on more than one occasion. In his defence it was one of the Clough years. 

I don't really hear them, and when I do I ignore it, proper bedwetters they are but it winds my lad up no end!

It's been 5 years so far, I try to tell him it's the same wherever you sit, and quite like strolling in and knowing what you'll hear, but it's getting to the stage when his anger can't be contained.

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

Currently towards back of East Lower in line with the D, good view but the moaners behind me are doing the lads head in! 

You must be near me, not spotted you 

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

We're in SW upper, it's got a good view and good atmosphere without having to stand up all game and at a cheap price. 

One extra bonus is that although it is usually fairly full in there, your friends can usually get individual seats and on the day you can all sit together in the empty seats of the adjacent west stand wing. 

6 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

I'm in South Lower at the moment and was only discussing this move with my brother on Saturday. You would recommend then? 

Depends what you want.

Singing is punishable by tutting unless we're playing well. If we're doing well, everyone is involved.

Standing is not an option unless we score or it's a close chance.

View is a lot better though and where we are, queues for beer and the toilets are pretty short.

Personally I can't be bothered with the south stand any more. Can't be bothered with this tryhard crap whereby if we're losing, it's the fans fault for not singing loud enough. Or the ones who never sing but moan about nobody starting songs. Or the ones who sing loudly but think that gives them the right to shout some fairly out of order stuff about players on the pitch.

"Atmosphere" is just another word for "I like to pretend I'm hard on a weekend and I dress it up by pretending to be a football fan" these days. Not everyone in the South Stand, but most.

Nothing to do with supporting Derby County.

2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

I have sat everywhere as I don’t have a season ticket. For me the best is the South West corner. Decent atmosphere without too many muppets. 

Done the south stand. Meh. 

The west stand is better than people think. East is okay further back you go. North zzzzzz. 

2 hours ago, reveldevil said:

43 minutes ago, ram59 said:

We're in SW upper, it's got a good view and good atmosphere without having to stand up all game and at a cheap price. 

One extra bonus is that although it is usually fairly full in there, your friends can usually get individual seats and on the day you can all sit together in the empty seats of the adjacent west stand wing. 

I feel like we're part of something now. Nobody tell the muppets, we might actually get a decent atmosphere where we are.

#WestStandGiveUsASong

Been part of the South West upper mafia for most games I've attended since about 2005, had a ST there for about 6 years. Great view, always an atmosphere of some sort, although I do think it was better up there when the away fans were in the South Stand, although on the whole Pride Park is better for having the away fans in the South East corner.

Generally a better class of village idiot up there, mainly ex-C standers and the like who ain't up for bouncing the whole game but who aren't afraid to give the ref and opposition left backs some gyp either. 

Sometimes go in the East upper next to the segregation, but only if I think we'll win...

Went in the South Stand for the experiment vs Forest and the Brighton play-off game and it was unreal. Went back in a couple of times since and it's not been great, with the exception of the blocks nearest the away fans, so with the compromised view (compared to SW - or should I say Gordon Guthrie) it's generally not worth it. Would definitely go back for a big game or if they made it a standing area though.

Archived