Derby to explore options into potential singing section

David

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

The south stand is doing very at the moment I think. If we keep the momentum going we won’t need a singing section.

The east stand is bouncing off them too, and the west and north stands are joining in on request too. 

All’s good at the moment.

I agree.

Looking out from the South Stand its amazing how many join in along the East and West when called on. 

Also hear occasional "come on Derby" starting from the West or South West corner....bit like the old "Derby, Derby, Derby" from my misspent youth at the BBG.

I get that its easy when were winning, but its starting to feel that Pride Park has the beginnings of a great togetherness and atmosphere.

I get more annoyed at quiet times when my fellow South Standers don't join in with @ossieram's D block than with the other stands.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I agree.

Looking out from the South Stand its amazing how many join in along the East and West when called on. 

Also hear occasional "come on Derby" starting from the West or South West corner....bit like the old "Derby, Derby, Derby" from my misspent youth at the BBG.

I get that its easy when were winning, but its starting to feel that Pride Park has the beginnings of a great togetherness and atmosphere.

I get more annoyed at quiet times when my fellow South Standers don't join in with @ossieram's D block than with the other stands.

I agree at the mo, pp is getting a lot better atmosphere all over the stadium, long may that continue, think 99 percent of fans are behind what Frank is trying to do with the team, also notice away numbers are starting to increase as well .

8 hours ago, philmycock said:

Missed a trick here, South Stand is full of fans that can't be arsed to sing

You can’t force people to move seats so they can be shoe horned in one area. As long as you do your bit that’s all that matters.

They’ve got a new home in the South Stand...

http://club84.co.uk/news.html

‘As some of you may be aware our singing section project, in conjunction with Derby County Football Club, has unfortunately collapsed. This instalment of No Ordinary Ethics will explain what happened and what we are proposing now. Before we lose your interest with logistics, we have a block we’re moving to and we want you to come with us and create an absolute racket for 90 minutes! This message cannot be stressed enough and goes out to those 200+ people who signed the initial statement of interest on the official Derby County website. We remain very grateful to the football club for their time and support during this process and we think it only fair they get the first word. With that in mind they have offered us a full statement from their perspective. 

10 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Nice passive aggressive statement there, also managing to denigrate the efforts of fan groups who've been before them.

It does come over a bit that way, but if these are the group of fans who have been making consistent noise at recent home and away games and introducing all the new songs and back and forward chanting between stands, I'm all for them, wherever they stand/sit!

We did both old and new songs at Blackburn - even though we were stuck in a section where nobody else could hear us.

They are certainly right about the lower tier of South Stand being standing anyway (from what I can see at the opposite end of the ground). Good luck to them.

So the 200 who expressed interest could have been spread out in the SU-G and SU-H blocks, but Club84 didn't like this - although my thinking would be that it would encourage more people to join in in the two blocks mentioned and the entire south stand. Potentially, it could have resulted in those not interested in signing to move out next season, and replaced by those who do. It seems Club84 were unwilling to consider anything other than "closest to the away following".

They're creating an unofficial singing block (SL-C) anyway.

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

So the 200 who expressed interest could have been spread out in the SU-G and SU-H blocks, but Club84 didn't like this - although my thinking would be that it would encourage more people to join in in the two blocks mentioned and the entire south stand. Potentially, it could have resulted in those not interested in signing to move out next season, and replaced by those who do. It seems Club84 were unwilling to consider anything other than "closest to the away following".

They're creating an unofficial singing block (SL-C) anyway.

Am I wrong in thinking that the stadiums with the best atmosphere are those where the home "singing section" (or Kopends etc.) is on the opposite side of the stadium to the away fans? That's my memory based on away games when I was young, anyway.

Seems logical, too. 

Going as close as possible to the away fans seems massively counter productive when your goal is stadium-wide atmosphere, imo.

5 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Am I wrong in thinking that the stadiums with the best atmosphere are those where the home "singing section" (or Kopends etc.) is on the opposite side of the stadium to the away fans? That's my memory based on away games when I was young, anyway.

Seems logical, too. 

Going as close as possible to the away fans seems massively counter productive when your goal is stadium-wide atmosphere, imo.

Right! Fill the Dave Mackay corner with singers!

Less prawn and more Braun init.

21 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Nice passive aggressive statement there, also managing to denigrate the efforts of fan groups who've been before them.

To be fair to them, they've been in touch saying that wasn't their attention and put a tweet out to say as much.

It's a difficult balance between being "authentic" and working with dcfc, and hopefully they manage to get it right. 

As for the bin liners(!) they are used across the world by fan groups and clubs because they're cheap and effective in creating large scale displays. Certainly much cheaper than the little printed flags the club buy.

As I've said before, I'm glad they're giving it a go and wish them the best of luck in achieving their aims, as long as they are for the good of the club and inclusive of all fans.

There's not enough people interested in making noise for 90 minutes, win, lose or draw.

Honestly, this won't be popular but give up straight away and don't waste your time.

Feel free to bookmark and rip into me at a later date when we create our own Kop.

Archived